Senior ADAS Analytics Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 9980
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
In Product Development, we bring engineering ideas to life. The Ford ADAS program designs and develops hardware and software providing best in class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Active Park Assist, and 360 Camera Systems. We are seeking a diligent, detail-driven professional to provide vital expertise in support of our Analytics Software.
What you'll be able to do:
- Design, document, develop, and integrate the C++ software platform for Analytics, to be used in Ford's next-generation ADAS systems
- Leverage object-oriented design techniques, the C++ Standard Template Library, design patterns, and other higher-level features of C++ to create robust, efficient, and reliable software
- Become an expert in software system architecture and performance
- Apply your knowledge of operating systems and software architecture to efficiently collect and transfer analytics data with negligible impact on feature performance.
- Support real-world testing of ADAS features, working closely with partner teams.
- Flash and debug your code in pre-production and prototype vehicles.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in software development using C++
- 5+ years of experience designing and testing systems for high performance, high reliability computing applications
- 5+ years of experience developing on POSIX compliant operating systems, such as Linux
- M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 8+ years of experience with software design and development for automotive, industrial, or aerospace/military applications with proven success in a fast-paced, cross-functional engineering team environment
- Strong understanding of analytics data collection and network communication protocols such as UDP and TCP/IP.
- Experience with data mining in an embedded system
- Experience developing software on a sophisticated SoC
- Familiarity with Classic and Adaptive AUTOSAR
- Knowledge of SPI, Ethernet, and CAN communication
- Experience working within an Agile Software Development Methodology
- Experience with embedded RTOS(s)
- Working knowledge of established software design patterns, efficient data structures and multi-threaded system design
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent teamwork and people skills
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption
Job Number: 60395BR
Community / Marketing Title: Senior ADAS Analytics Embedded Software Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US