Accessory Design And Release Engineer
Location: Allen Park, Michigan US
Job Number: 9967
his position will investigate and develop accessory products in Exterior, Interior, electrical, and Chassis across new BEV Platforms and existing platforms. Project management skills are necessary to be successful in the primary role. The role will champion processes for Global Programs.
What you will be able to do
- Investigate and develop ideas for new product offerings with the following strengths and abilities:
- Idea Generation and Project Enabler
- Research products - benchmark (FACTS site ability)
- Develop sketches, 3D models, physical property concepts
- Research supplier capability - understand manufacturing capability and product tooling needs for concept. Lead work with supplier on understanding concept
- Conduit to engineering - E2KS, FEDE Design Rules, Requirements, and Regulations understanding around concept
- Passion for the business and idea concept generation
- Investigate past accessories offerings to formulate a plan to offer in a forward model year program.
- Interface with planning, program management, vehicle programs and other teams. Work with engineering to support GPDS programs and Global Integrator Engineering inputs to Milestone deliverables.
- Perform and document accessory products for form, fit, and feasibility using Team Center, TcVis Mockup, FEDE, WERS, WOW, PDO, iPDL,
The minimum requirements we seek
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 5+ years product design of electrical products, that includes plastic processes, and secondary manufacturing assembly
Our Preferred Qualifications:
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Experience developing vehicle accessory or production products
- Understanding of automotive networks - WERS, Team Center, TcVis Mockup, Catia
- Experience with CAD, physical schematics, Electrical schematics
- Technical aptitude, desire to learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability and Flexibility to shift priorities across multiple projects in FMA Development, New Program Global Integrator Workstreams, New Technology and New Designed Accessory Products
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teams
What you will receive in return:As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption
Job Number: 59995BR
Community / Marketing Title: Accessory Design And Release Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Allen Park, Michigan US