ADAS Model Based Development (MBD) Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 9867
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams! With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
In the Ford Driver Assistance Technologies (DAT) program, Ford's Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, functional models, and software that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems. The DAT Test Automation Tools team supports all software development activities by providing the necessary tools to generate and test code.
What you'll be able to do
We are seeking a Model Based Software Development Tools Engineer to assist with the rollout of vital tools needed by software developers to generate, integrate and release software in a model-based environment!
- Be responsible for evaluation, rollout, maintenance, documentation, and support of tools (e.g. data dictionary, version control, unit testing, Matlab/Simulink, auto-coding, calibration, AUTOSAR authoring, custom scripts, etc.)
- Understand the software development team needs, provide solutions, and present such solutions to key partners
- Collaborate with internal teams and with vendors to understand tool requirements and issues
- Assist with development of code generation and test processes from a tools perspective
- Be part of an Agile team collaborating through standups and all vital scrum meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in embedded software development
- 2+ years of experience in controls algorithm development and/or auto-coding using Matlab/Simulink
- 1+ year of experience performing model in the loop testing
- Masters Degree in Electrical, Computer, or Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Five or more years of proven experience in embedded software engineering
- Over five years of experience working with controls algorithm development and/or auto-coding using Matlab/Simulink or Targetlink
- Experience writing code using C, C++, Python or Java
- Professional background in model in the loop testing
- Experience using version control tools (e.g. Git, ClearCase)
- Professional experience using calibration tools
- Proven experience developing software in an AUTOSAR architecture
- Experience using AUTOSAR authoring tools such as Davinci or similar
- Hands-on experience writing scripts using high level languages (e.g. Python, Perl, MATLAB)
- Experience using software requirements using Polarion or Doors
- Strong communication skills
- Automotive experience
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition. If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Job Number: 59996BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS Model Based Development (MBD) Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US