ADAS BSP Embedded Software Engineer Entry Level
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 9844
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation!
What you will be able to do
- Contribute to the development of requirements, high level design, and detailed design documents for Linux/QNX/RTOS board support package (BSP) software
- Prototype on evaluation and first sample hardware to drive software architecture decisions while accurately using hardware capabilities
- Provide software support and bring-up for hardware modules developed in-house and through external suppliers
- Test and debug BSP SW to ensure quality and reliability
The minimum requirements we seek
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field of study
- 6+ months of C/C++ development within Linux/QNX/RTOS domain (internship and coursework allowed)
- 6+ months developing bootloaders, drivers, or BSP in Linux/QNX/RTOS (internship and coursework allowed)
Our preferred requirements
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field of study
- 4+ years of C/C++ development within Linux/QNX/RTOS
- 2+ years developing Linux/QNX/RTOS drivers
- Experience with common BSP features running on a multi-core SoC (power-on, boot sequence, inter-processor communication, memory map, etc)
- leading Agile/Scrum teams and mentoring junior engineers
- Familiarity with Classic & Adaptive Autosar stacks
- SOC hardware such as WDT, DMA, Timers, and accelerators (Video, AES, SHA, RNG, etc.)
- Understanding of automotive functional safety requirements and quality processes such as ASPICE
What you will receive in returnAs part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
Job Number: 59852BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS BSP Embedded Software Engineer Entry Level
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US