Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Attribute Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 9799
Job Description & Qualifications : At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Applying Design Thinking and User Experience methods, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies and more!
What you will be able to do This position is for a Vehicle System Integration (VSI) Attribute Engineer and focuses on ensuring the Pre-Collision Assist features deliver the expectations of the customer. You will develop and implement feature requirements and specifications (including functional safety) at a system and sub-system level and validate them according to the systems engineering model. As an Attribute Engineer, you will collaborate with research engineers, user experience teams, designers, hardware and software developers to define, develop, and verify the customer-facing attributes and performance capabilities of the feature. You will also develop new verification methods and work with vehicle, hardware-in-the-loop, model-in-the-loop and other advanced testing methodologies to validate your feature.
- Define and document the vehicle-level acceptance criteria for the Pre-Collision Assist features
- Lead / support the development of verification plans and verification methods
- Collaborate with global functional partners to meet system and vehicle level performance requirements
- Cascade system-level requirements to functional partners
- Lead/support the development and sign-off of the Pre-Collision Assist features on vehicle programs
- Support feature calibration studies to satisfy vehicle-level performance requirements
- Develop MATLAB and CAN tools for data collection and analysis
- Find opportunities to apply HiL, ViL, and CAE methods for feature calibration and performance verification
- Plan and complete real-world evaluations of DAT features via vehicle/HIL/virtual testing and identify system problems and issues
- Support and coordinate root-cause analysis with internal functions and external suppliers to ensure delivered system achieves feature requirements
- Benchmark competitors and monitor public domain requirements
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field of study
- 3+ years of experience preferably in developing features in the Driver Assistance domain using radars, cameras, lidars, ultrasonic sensors and other related vehicle systems (body, electrical, chassis, powertrain) (Internship and coursework allowed)
- 3+ years of experience working with actuators and control systems (Internship and Coursework allowed)
- Masters in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field of study
- Experience applying Systems Engineering principles
- Experience with robotic verification and testing methods
- Troubleshooting experience with electromechanical systems
- Experience with differential GPS equipment
- Experience using typical automotive interfaces: CAN, CANFD, Autosar, Auto-Ethernet, etc.
- Experience using Vector CANape, CANalyzer and dSPACE Controls Desk or similar tools
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink
- Experience in verification techniques (design verification methods, vehicle data acquisition/analysis)
- Experience with virtual validation methods (HIL/MIL/SIL/VIL)
- Strong leadership skills, passion for quality, passion to improve customer satisfaction
- Good communications and project management skills
- Strong oral & written skills
- Ability to work both independently and take initiative when necessary
- Strong teamwork & interpersonal skills
If you can help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 59890BR
Community / Marketing Title: Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Attribute Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US