Virtual World Simulation Architect
Location: Sunrise, Florida US
Job Number: 9746
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams! With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
In the Ford Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) program, Ford's Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, functional models, and software that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems. The ADAS simulation and Virtualization team supports all software development activities by providing the necessary tools to generate and test code.
What you'll be able to do:
The individual in this role is responsible for developing and maintaining full vehicle simulation solutions to support Ford's ADAS software development. The individual will also work closely with team members to collaborate with our suppliers and other relevant Ford teams to meet the needs from Ford's ADAS software developers in Agile working environment.
- Lead the effort to create photorealistic Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) simulation environments using Unreal Engine for high-fidelity camera, radar and ultrasonic sensor modeling.
- Lead the collaboration with software vendors to balance the quality and the efficiency of the simulation environments
- Lead the integration of vehicle, sensor and feature control models and software to support the delivery of ADAS features.
- Develop the strategy on the simulation scenario, 3D assets creation and management
- Develop ADAS simulation methods, processes, tools and documentation to integrate multiple ADAS features to support feature design, verification and validation.
- Support on-going CAE correlations efforts. Support development of plan to transition physical vehicle testing to simulation-based tests.
- Contribute to team results through ownership in agile scrum development sprints
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 4+ years of experience with programming in C++ (11 or above), C# or other Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) languages in Windows or Linux environments.
- 2+ years of experience with gaming engines (Unreal Engine, Unity, UNIGINE, CARLA or similar).
Our preferred requirements:
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 6+ years of experience with programming in C++ (11 or above), C# or other Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) languages in Windows or Linux environments
- 2+ years of experience with Linux, Virtual Machines, and networking.
- Experience with 3D rendering or Shader programming.
- Experience with agile concept.
- Basic understanding of Robot Operating System (ROS).
- Basic understanding of deploying software on cloud environment (GCP, AWS, Azure or similar).
- Passion to learn and understand the needs of computer vision, path prediction, and target threat assessment or other ADAS/AV Sensing algorithms development.
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 59631BR
Community / Marketing Title: Virtual World Simulation Architect
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sunrise, Florida US