Product Development Scientist
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 9727
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Ion Park team. Applying Design Thinking & User Experience methods, you'll work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We're seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting, and balanced ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to supply to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies, and more!
Job Description & Qualifications:
The Electrification Powertrain Engineering (EPE) organization is responsible for delivering the best fuel economy and refined Hybrid, Plug-in Hybrid and Battery Electric vehicles in every segment in which we compete; Consistently delivering the best customer vehicle value, profitably and Delivering these objectives with performance and smoothness of operation that exceeds our customer's expectations. Take advantage of this opportunity to work in one of the most dynamic and growing organizations in Ford and to further Ford's "Power of Choice" initiative.
What you'll be able to do:
The Battery Cell Development Expert is responsible for the following:
- Monitor and implement lithium ion cell/battery developments and advancements.
- Evaluate lithium ion materials/technology in terms of cost, performance, quality, and safety.
- Lead cell failure-mode analyses.
- Oversee chemical quality control analyses.
- Oversee relationship between Ford Ion Park and Ford Research and Advanced Engineering.
- Cell design, engineering and cell assembly station (electrode coating, winding or stacking, welding, packaging and formation).
- Materials selection and evaluation, including electrode, electrolyte and separator materials.
- Large format lithium ion cell design development and qualification.
- Advanced battery cell and array testing, with detailed analyses.
- Battery and cell usage analysis and related specification development.
- Battery test lab operations, planning, and test methods development.
- Next generation battery design, and new concept development.
- Cell performance, life, and degradation studies.
- Automotive cell quality and reliability analysis, including design and process failure mode and effects analysis.
- Diverse engagement in cell development, quality, systems-level integration.
- Mild, full, plug-in hybrid, and battery electric vehicle applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or related field.
- 1+ years of Lithium Ion Battery (LIB) proven academic or industry experience.
- Master's of Science degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Record of documentation: 5+ patents or publications.
- 1+ years of Lithium Ion Battery (LIB) materials from materials to fully assembled and formationed cells.
- 10+ years hands-on experience desired. Cell Development skills a plus.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
What you will receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 59510BR
Community / Marketing Title: Product Development Scientist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US