ADAS Data Analysis Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 9723
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
In the Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) program, Ford's Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, functional models, and software that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems. The ADAS Development Tools and Calibration team supports all software development activities by providing the necessary tools to generate, test and calibrate ADAS features.
What you'll be able to do:The individual in this role will be responsible for developing and implementing software logging tools for ADAS features. This involves capturing data logs, analyzing, and coming up with solutions to automate the data ingestion process to be used for testing ADAS features. In addition, the individual will also be responsible for the following:
- Develop tools to automate solutions for capturing data logs, analyzing, and coming up with solutions to automate the data ingestion process to be used for testing ADAS features
- Capture data such as vehicle, camera and sensor outputs and create solutions that will automate the analysis process
- Create automation scripts for data logging and visualization
- Design, develop and maintain custom tools to support feature testing and automation
- Work with the HIL team to provide support for automation and tooling
- Perform automated and manual test execution, results analysis, root cause analysis, and verifications
- Maintain and contribute to the team's solutions (automated test frameworks, test scripts, build systems, and related tools) to address issues, add or enhance functionality, etc
- Contribute to team results through ownership in agile scrum development sprints
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 1+ year experience of coding or software development (e.g. C,/C++, Python, Matlab)
- 1+ years of experience in analyzing large data sets
Our preferred requirements:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 1+ year of experience testing/validating ADAS features
- 1+ year of experience using calibration management tools such as VCDM or similar
- Experience with QNX based embedded systems
- Some scripting experience using Matlab, Python or any similar language
- Experience working with Advanced-Driver-Assist Systems and related sensing technology such as radar, camera, parking sensor and LiDAR
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical with the ability to root-cause problems creatively and effectively.
What you will receive in return:As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
Job Number: 59506BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS Data Analysis Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US