Active Drive Assist Feature Development Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 9711
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Using Design Thinking & User Experience methods, you'll work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers.
We're seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting, and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies, and more! We bring engineering ideas to life. In Product Development, we make driving more exciting, enjoyable and balanced. Ford's Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware and functional models that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems. We are seeking premier professionals who can chip in to our efforts with experience in the development of sensors, ECUs, models and software. This position focuses on verification and validation of cloud connected functions for cross-carline applications.
- Support Sign off of Feature Level performance for a given vehicle - features and functions run the gamut of opportunities in the assisted driving space: object detection and tracking, traffic visualization, navigation, construction zones, real time traffic integration, and other exciting new areas for driver assistance.
- Develop and refine design validation methods for ensuring proper feature-level performance across a variety of environmental and cross-carline noise factors.
- Design and verify plans to ensure proper feature-level performance.
- Develop data analysis techniques, methods, and scripts from data generated by both track and real-world validation methods to ensure feature achieves the desired specifications.
- Plan and execute real-world evaluations of headway features to identify system problems and issues.
- Support and coordinate root-cause analysis with internal and external suppliers to ensure delivered system thrills our customers with the user experience.
- Integrate and configure models & other software packages with a variety of production and other in situ hardware to enable pre-production feature-level verification.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or related field
- 3+ years validation experience
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or related field
- Experience with ANY of the following areas: Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Systems, Lane Keeping or Lane Centering Systems.
- Experience with GPS / GNSS systems including inertial navigation system validation.
- Understanding of embedded hardware and software design.
- Understanding of Kalman filtering, vehicle dynamics, linear & nonlinear control methods.
- Software engineering & algorithm development experience. Any development time in any language (C, C++, Python, Matlab, etc.)
- Developing and conducting laboratory and vehicle tests.
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you are equipped to help us redefine the future, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: 2022 New Hire Benefits Summary GSR (ford.com)
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 59492BR
Community / Marketing Title: Active Drive Assist Feature Development Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US