ADAS Sensor Software Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 9653
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams! With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
In the Ford Advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) program, Ford's Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, functional models, and software that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems .
What you'll be able to do:
We are seeking a diligent, detail-driven professional to provide vital expertise in support of our Driver Assist Technologies embedded software development activities. This involves applying engineering principles and analytical techniques in sensors software in support of ADAS sensors software development.
- Lead the sensors (radar & camera) software development related to ADAS features, including specifications, and verification, and validation.
- Coordinate the SW development activities for the sensors (radar & camera) software on the ADAS module per Ford's Product Development Processes
- Oversee the project plans to support project/program timing for the ADAS programs from the suppliers
- Understand the gives and gets from the different teams working on ADAS, both Ford and supplier teams and incorporate into work plan
- Work closely with the Ford and supplier radar & camera and hardware engineers during software development
- Oversee the incorporation of cyber security, over the air updates, service oriented architecture and data analytics functions
- Manage the closure of SW related issues
- Review and track the progress of the Ford and suppliers teams against the work plans
- Maintain a project dashboard along with key performance indicators.
- Support the SW verification and validation teams to establish test strategies to achieve suitable coverage along the right side of the systems V.
- Understand sensor and system performance requirements and limitations, to develop robust designs, identify improvements, recognize trade-offs and make applicable design decisions.
- Work with feature owners to understand and review requested requirements and system-level interactions.
- Work with testing teams to continue to expand on CAE procedures to reduce dependence on vehicle-level testing.
- Support software signoff, including calibration tuning, for all vehicle programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- 3+ years embedded software design experience
- 3+ years software architecture development experience (internship or coursework also permitted)
Our preferred requirements:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Software development in C/C++, including Misra compliance (Preferably C, but C++ is acceptable)
- 7+ years software architecture development experience with ADAS, camera, radar, automotive
- 7+ years of embedded software experience within automotive or aerospace industry embedded software
- 8+ years of experience in ADAS systems/software
- Experience with AUTOSAR, GitHub, Jira, Agile
- Experience with software architecture
- Knowledge of modular application development using models and/or software
- Understanding of production algorithm development
- Good problem-solving skills and innovative thinking
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Ability to work well with others
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you can help us redefine the future of automotive, we'd love to have you join us!
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 59196BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS Sensor Software Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US