Product Development Functional Safety Engineer - Hardware Systems
Location: Sunrise, Florida US
Job Number: 9626
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation. Crafting the future of smart mobility requires automation and creation of modern infrastructure!
Ford has identified a need to increase its core competency in Functional Safety. This need is driven by Ford's desire to be a leader in delivering technologies that allow our vehicles to provide industry-leading user experiences. These technologies span the breadth of the vehicle, including infotainment, lighting, entry & exit, occupant comfort, vehicle dynamic control, active safety, and driver assistance systems. Ford is committed to deliver the highest quality of products by ensuring that these complex technologies are designed with Functional Safety from the start.
As a key member of an exciting team focusing on Functional Safety activities within Product Development, this role involves working with technology subject matter experts to conduct Functional Safety analysis using efficient model based systems engineering (MBSE / SysML) tools. This role promotes technical growth and team collaboration.
- Within the first 6 months, rapidly begin to work with cross-functional teams within Product Development to conduct ISO 26262 Functional Safety analysis of HW implementations in the infotainment or driver assist technology space.
- Within the first year, fully understand Ford ISO 26262 processes, methods, tools, and information (formal and on the job training will be provided) related to HW design and implementation.
- Work with other Functional Safety Engineers to create globally common safety ratings, processes, methods, tools, training, and help to accelerate global adoption of SysML based Functional Safety analysis at Ford.
- Excel in a rapidly changing environment that stresses continuously innovating HW systems at Ford.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.
- 2+ years of design experience in HW embedded designs.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years' experience in embedded electronics hardware design
- Experience with Quantitative Analysis / FMEDA.
- Experience with tools such as Isograph or Medinei (preferred).
- Familiarity with ISO 26262 output documentation, such as Hardware Software Interface.
- Familiarity with writing technical safety requirements (Hardware safety requirements preferred).
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment (preferred)
- Ability to work within a diverse team (preferred)
- Interest in the automotive industry (preferred)
- Working knowledge of electrical/electronic systems and software fundamentals (preferred)
- Working knowledge and experience in Systems Engineering or Systems Thinking (preferred)
- Experience producing clear written technical communications (preferred)
- Experience designing system, software, or electronic hardware architectures (preferred)
- Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate leadership behaviors combined with outstanding interpersonal, team building, and communication skills
- Knowledge on MagicDraw or other System Design tools.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States permanently. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN holders may be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 58789BR
Community / Marketing Title: Product Development Functional Safety Engineer - Hardware Systems
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sunrise, Florida US