Test Engineer Co-Op
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 9555
Ford Pro is a new global business within Ford committed to commercial customer productivity. Ford Pro delivers a work-ready suite of vehicles, accessories and services for virtually every vocation, backed by technology and engineered for uptime. A true one-stop shop, offering a full portfolio of electrified and internal combustion vehicles designed to integrate seamlessly with the Ford Pro ecosystem, helping customers' businesses thrive today and into the new era of electrification.
Ford Pro Intelligence provides a variety of telematics and fleet management services to our commercial and fleet customers. Ford Pro products and services help serve as a foundational building block to Ford's continued leadership and innovation in fleet/commercial vehicle market segments with connectivity, geared towards business and fleet operations. Fleets are our future, representing a significant portion of vehicle sales and continual expected growth.
What you'll be able to do:
- Creates, maintains and implements test charters as the product develops over time
- Performs exploratory and manual testing on web, mobile and API products
- Creates, maintains and updates UI automation tests
- Uses Postman or similar tools to test Services (Web API/Json/REST)
- Records test results and creates summarized reports
- Supports development of automation test plans and test strategies
- Defines product specific testing approach by growing and maintaining product knowledge
- Aligns testing efforts with an iterative development process
- Reports defects to team members and creates defects within a backlog management tool
- Participates in daily and weekly agile ceremonies
Minimum requirements we seek:
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree or graduate program in computer science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Candidates must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Ability to complete a 3+ month assignment
Our preferred qualifications:
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile Extreme Programming development methodology
- Ability to assist or write UI automated test across web, mobile or API products and the ability to mentor others
- Ability to collaborate with developers to analyze features and create testing approaches
- Understanding of services-based architecture and web-based APIs running REST protocols
- Experience with Postman or similar tools for API testing including writing API automation tests
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to effectively manage a full workload, while producing quality work and meeting strict timelines in a fast-pace environment with interruptions
- Proficient with Mac and PC, MS Office, maintaining databases and generating tracking reports
What you'll receive in return:As part of this exciting program, you'll enjoy a high level of involvement with an exceptional team of industry innovators and visionaries. You'll contribute in a meaningful way to our important breakthrough work. And you'll develop the skills that will give you a significant edge in your future career pursuits.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States at time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For more information regarding Ford, go to Ford Corporate Home
Job Number: 58834BR
Community / Marketing Title: Test Engineer Co-Op
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US