ADAS Driver Assistance Mapping & Localization Architect
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 9541
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart-world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Using Design Thinking and User Experience methods, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and sustainable ideas to life.We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart-mobility technologies and more!
What you will be able to do
- Lead development of ADAS mapping & localization architecture at the systems engineering level from early development to production and handle upgrade plans
- Develop and maintain functional specifications, failure mode avoidance documentation, functional verification plan, etc.
- Assist feature owners in utilizing the mapping & localization architecture to enhance existing features and facilitate new features
- Develop relationships with the supply base to learn about the latest technologies and possible implementations
- Design in-vehicle algorithms for processing geospatial data to enhance our DAT (Driver Assist Technologies)
The minimum requirements we seek
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Surveying Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of experience (internship or coursework also permitted) in engineering work in, at least, one of the following areas:
- Geospatial database experience
- Technical requirement writing
- Test planning
- Product development
- Testing of some type (software, system, integration, design, security)
- Software programming or program management
- Master's Degree or PhD inComputer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- 8+ years of direct work with map-based technologies
- 8+ years of work with Geospatial databases
- 5+ year of proven experience with automotive or aerospace systems
- 3+ years of experience with Electrical Systems Engineering
- Engineering experience within Geospatial Information Systems engineering (GIS), GPS, GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems), navigation, localization technologies
- 5+ years of experience as a feature owner
- 1+ year of experience working with systems engineering using Agile methodologies or V Model
- 1+ year of experience with in-vehicle communication (e.g., CAN, Ethernet, BLE, WiFi, etc.)
- Functional knowledge of embedded software design (C, C++)
- Feature development experience
If you can help us redefine the future of automotive, we'd love to have you join us!
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 58943BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS Driver Assistance Mapping & Localization Architect
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US