ADAS Sensing and Perception Technical Expert
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 9511
Job Description & Qualifications :
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams! With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
In the Ford Driver Assistance Technologies (DAT) program, Ford's Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, functional models, and software that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems. The DAT Software Product Development Team develops and delivers models and software for advanced features that make driving more exciting, enjoyable, and sustainable, such as Blue Cruise and Pro Trailer Backup Assist.
- Guide the development of perception/sensing algorithm KPIs and performance requirements sufficient to meet customer feature needs
- Lead the development of the sensing/perception architecture, functional decomposition, and next generation solutions
- Lead strategic decision making on IP prioritization as it relates to next generation architectural solutions
- Lead the selection of next generation sensor sets- LiDAR, imaging radar, and camera technologies- sufficient to achieve robust algorithmic performance
- Guide algorithmic decisions on the fusion of two or more sensing modalities for a given application
- Guide the development of perception-level V&V methodologies
- Work with the Research and Advanced engineering team in the development of new technologies, algorithms, and strategies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related
- 5+ years experience in perception algorithm experience
- 10+ years combined experience in the following algorithmic domains- AI/ML, computer vision, localization and mapping, tracking, sensor fusion
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, or related field
- 10+ years professional experience in DAT/ADAS in the perception algorithm domain
- 10+ years combined professional experience in the development of the following algorithmic domains- AI/ML, computer vision, localization and mapping, tracking, sensor fusion
- 5+ years experience developing in C/C++, Python, and related programming languages
- Strong communication skills leading ad-hoc teams
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Job Number: 58547BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS Sensing and Perception Technical Expert
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US