Power Engineer - Hardware Systems
Location: Sunrise, Florida US
Job Number: 9463
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking and User Experience methods, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and balanced ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies and more!
What you'll be able to do: Are you an Electrical Hardware Engineer with emphasis in power design? This role will be part of an engineering team working on next generation modules for vehicles. The successful candidate will be working with a design team to implement circuits, validate circuit implementations, analyze and resolve hardware failures. You will be responsible to meet Ford's quality, on time and maintaining cost targets.
- Design power conditioning, regulation circuits and low frequency analog circuits to meet requirements
- Design circuits using industry standard schematic capture tools
- Layout implementation of responsible subsection
- Design to meet power delivery requirements
- Implement complex power systems with discrete and coordinated circuits
- Perform the worst case analysis of circuits in area of responsibility
- Develop detailed design documents
- Perform failure mode analysis and generate process documentation
- Define stress test routines required to validate functional sections
- Formulate test plans to ensure component level performance
- Validate testing to ensure performance over temperature and voltage extremes
- Handle root cause and resolve issues in assigned sections
- Validate thermal performance of circuits and design mitigation strategies
- Participate in system design reviews
- Interface closely with other teams such as Software, Mechanical, Manufacturing teams and with external component suppliers
- Must be willing to travel occasionally
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of combined experience designing power supply and battery operated systems
- Familiar with automotive power conditioning circuits
- Experience in specialized sophisticated Hardware and Embedded Software systems
- Knowledgeable on power requirements for microprocessors, solid state memory, cameras, displays and sensors
- Excellent hardware and software debugging skills
- Experience working with test equipment (e.g. oscilloscopes, temperature chambers, precision power meters, etc.)
- Proficient in simulation tools for power delivery networks
- Motivated and self-starter
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with business users and engineering professionals (e.g. globally distributed teams, ability to adjust communications appropriately for the audience, work with all levels of management and diverse work groups, etc.)
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us. Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 58550BR
Community / Marketing Title: Power Engineer - Hardware Systems
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sunrise, Florida US