Driver Assist Technology Simulation Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 9446
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
In the Ford Driver Assistance Technologies (DAT) program, the Virtual Verification and Validation team evaluates the functionality and performance of features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, and Active Park Assist via simulation. The team integrates hardware and software models to build a virtual representation of the complete test vehicle, runs the virtual vehicle through thousands of scenarios, identifies areas for improvement in tuning and calibration, and helps Ford deliver Best in Class performance for DAT features.
What you'll be able to do:
We are seeking a diligent, detail-driven professional to provide vital expertise in support of our Driver Assist Technologies Simulation development activities. This involves applying engineering principles and analytical techniques in support of delivering DAT features through the use of simulation tools.
- Lead the integration of the plant and controller models for ADAS into an overall vehicle model
- Lead the development of a simulation environment to enable the simulation of ADAS features
- Lead/support the validation and correlation of the individual plant models and the overall vehicle model
- Lead the development of simulation test cases for the verification of ADAS features
- Execute the simulation test cases to verify the operation of the ADAS features and evaluate the vehicle behavior and its impact on customer experience.
- Understand sensor system interactions in terms of vehicle dynamics to identify possible improvements and trade-offs.
- Work with the Ford Hardware in the Loop, Simulator, and Ford vehicle test teams to establish simulation procedures to reduce dependency on vehicle level testing
- Integrate models of ADAS sensors such as cameras, radars, and ultrasonics into a full vehicle simulation model
- Support Algorithm engineers developing models of sensor fusion and other ADAS control algorithms
- Develop scripting for test automation and post-processing of results
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Robotics or related field.
- 6+ months of simulation experience using MathWorks Simulink frameworks or equivalent (coursework allowed)
- 6+ months of experience in active safety systems such as ACC, AEB, LKA and LCA (coursework allowed)
Our preferred requirements:
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Robotics or equivalent with a focus on control systems
- 2+ years of experience with vehicle modeling using tools such as CarSim or CarMaker
- 1+ years of experience with ANSYS/VRXperience
- Hands-on experience developing vehicle or system level HIL environment
- Experience in development of control systems algorithms
- Experience in Vehicle CAN network (CANayzer/CANape)
- Experience with target identification and classification, path prediction, and target threat assessment algorithms
- Experience with Human-Machine Interface (HMI) development.
- Experience with modeling remote sensing systems such as radar, camera, LIDAR or ultrasonic
- Experience developing software in-game engine environments
- Experience developing plant models for vehicle subsystems: brakes, steering, powertrain, or suspension
- Experience validating customer experience with the use of driving simulators
- Experience deploying software to target machines for the purpose of simulation acceleration
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 58572BR
Community / Marketing Title: Driver Assist Technology Simulation Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US