ADAS In-House Sensing Algorithm Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 9412
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams! With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
In the Ford Driver Assistance Technologies (DAT) program, Ford's Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, functional models, and software that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems. The DAT In-House Software and Algorithms team supports, designs, and develops these and upcoming customer centric state-of-the-art features using various perception and sensing techniques.
What you'll be able to do
We are seeking an individual who can contribute to our efforts in Driver Assist Technologies Embedded Software and Algorithm development activities This position is focused on developing perception applications for DAT features. You will be applying engineering principles and analytical techniques in support of delivering Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and deploying embedded software on target hardware.
- Contribute to a team responsible for the embedded software and algorithms for DAT sensing applications on the current/future DAT ECU.
- Develop and test sensing algorithms and applications such as localization, occupancy grid mapping, signal processing, target selection, and sensor fusion
- Assist the sensing software developers in deploying applications on target hardware
- Collaborate with Research and Advanced Engineering teams, DAT feature owners, other algorithm and function owners, and software architects to design, develop, and deliver holistic DAT sensing functions.
- Support the development/maintenance of test environments and simulation tools within and out of the immediate team
- Help the team and feature owners understand and break down the performance of the sensing systems and applications via analytical methods and help with designing sign-off key performance indicators.
- Conduct and help validation team with root cause analysis activities
- Work with the Ford Hardware in the Loop team to establish procedures to reduce dependence on vehicle level testing
- Understand Feature requirements and FMEAs to develop and implement software and algorithm requirements.
- Be part a team that delivers with Agile methodologies with established software development processes.
- Develop/support high quality documentation for perception algorithms and their design, training, validation, and testing.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of experience (internship or coursework also permitted) with Matlab, C++ and/or Python
- 6+ months of experience (internship or coursework also permitted) working with sensing data such camera, radar, lidar, or ultrasonic sensors
- 1+ year of experience (internship or coursework also permitted) developing embedded software control
Our preferred requirements:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 3 + years of experience in algorithm development
- 3+ year of experience in development/implementation of localization, occupancy grid mapping, signal processing, and sensor fusion techniques
- 3+ years of experience in embedded software development for real time control systems.
- 3+ years of experience with Agile software development processes
- 3+ years of experience (internship or coursework also permitted) working with sensing data such camera, radar, lidar, or ultrasonic sensors
- Familiarity with radar and ultra-sonic sensor technology
- Knowledgeable in extrapolating the vehicle's contour along a trajectory
- Ability to interpret Simulink, C/C++, and Python to aid in issue resolution
- Familiarity with Git, Github, Jira, and Agile Methods
- Experience with using hardware in the loop (HIL) systems and with test bench setup
- Some experience with collection and analysis of data for driver assistance technologies
- Knowledgeable in filtering down objects robustly based on a set of criteria (motion class, object class, and probability of existence)
- Familiarity in producing road surface models, extrapolating lane lines and smoothing out their noise
- Excellent communication skills, both vertically and horizontally within the organization written and verbal
- Experience with coordinate and rigid body transformations
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you can help us redefine the future of automotive, we'd love to have you join us!
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 58471BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS In-House Sensing Algorithm Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US