DAT3.x (ADAS) Software System Performance Supervisor
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 9290
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams! With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
In the Ford Driver Assistance Technologies (DAT) program, Ford's Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, functional models, and software that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems. The DAT Software Product Development Team develops and delivers models and software for advanced features that make driving more exciting, enjoyable, and sustainable, such as Blue Cruise and Pro Trailer Backup Assist.
What you'll be able to do:We are seeking a diligent, detail-focused professional to provide vital expertise in our Driver Assist Technologies (DAT) Embedded Software engineering activities. This involves applying engineering principles and analytical techniques by delivering System Performance measurement, optimization, and analysis for the next generation of DAT ECU!
- Lead a team responsible for the performance measurement, analysis, reporting, and optimization of the interactions between software and hardware resources on embedded ECU's (CPU utilization, bus throughput, Flash storage consumption, RAM usage, boot timing, etc.)
- Define the critical software and hardware components requiring recurring system performance measurement. Record and analyze performance trends. Action recovery when critical metrics are not within acceptable margins
- Promote/coach documenting and implementing optimal use of system hardware resources - CPU, (shared) RAM, storage, I/O pipelines, accelerators - among all embedded ECU teams consuming resources
- Lead activities related to defining and implementing automated measurement test beds and the data processing computing backend
- Direct recurring performance measurements and reporting from in-vehicle testing and from test environments using simulation and re-simulation techniques
- Lead the effort to define performance KPIs per established benchmarks. Work with suppliers to define new benchmarks where vital
- Direct the collection of ad-hoc data from system performance in support of software architectural decisions and hardware usage trade-offs
- Lead the collaboration with hardware and software teams (Ford and Supplier) in developing the embedded software within the future generation DAT ECU
- Provide support and guidance to suppliers on architecture and design choices, ensuring that decisions consider accurate functional behavior as a collective DAT system
- Drive established Agile development methods within the Performance Scrum Team. Lead the breakdown of specs into actionable Epics and Stories.
- Handle backlogs and active sprints
- Maintain a culture of crafting software design documentation per established process. Approve documentation through formal reviews.
- Lead a culture of continuous improvement and proactive ownership.
- Drive efficiency improvements and productivity gaps to resolution
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, oror related field
- 8+ years of experience with software architecture or embedded software development
- 5+ years of experience working on a consumer product at all phases of development (pre-production through launch)
- 5+ years developing Embedded Software in C/C++
- 3+ years of experience in a Systems Performance function
- 1+ years of experience in a team lead role providing direction to a minimum of 6 engineers
Our preferred requirements:
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Strong understanding of embedded middleware architectures and software stacks
- Strong understanding of the System Performance measurement and optimization closed loop
- Strong understanding of System Performance data collection and the utilization of benchmarks to make software optimization decisions
- 5+ years experience with the Linux and/or QNX operating systems
- 5+ years experience with Agile software development processes
- Familiarity with Classic and Adaptive AUTOSAR stacks in support of System Performance
- Expert user of software development and productivity tools (e.g. GIT, JIRA, Confluence, Polarian, QNX Momentics)
- Team oriented, with demonstrated ability to work well in cross functional groups to deliver a highly technical product
- Demonstrated mentorship of engineers / developers / architects
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and transition a growth team to a highly productive, mature team
What you'll receive in return:As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 57996BR
Community / Marketing Title: DAT3.x (ADAS) Software System Performance Supervisor
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US