ADAS AI/ML Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 9227
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams! With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
In the Ford Advanced Driver Assistance Systemprogram, Ford's Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, functional models, and software that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems.
The DAT AI/ML team and In-House Software and Algorithms team support, design, and develop these and upcoming customer centric state-of-the-art features using various perception and sensing techniques.
What you'll be able to do
We are seeking an individual who can contribute to our efforts in Driver Assist Technologies Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning activities This position is focused on developing Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications for DAT features.
- Develop code to implement various AI/ML models on our next generation compute in our vehicles.
- Help integrate the solution seamlessly into the DevOps pipeline.
- Support final product delivery of software functionality, performance and overall quality for each supported vehicle program.
- Develop unit tests and perform development/functional testing to ensure that solutions meet quality expectations.
- Pick the right AI/ML model architecture for DAT features keeping safety and performance in mind.
- Train the models and delve into model interpretability.
- Develop programs to understand and quantify the limits of our AI/ML models. Investigate model robustness and improve it with both real and synthetic data
- Research and implement tools for developing insights into our feature data and metadata
- Proactively find data and scenarios where models could fail and provide input to model improvement.
- Research unsupervised and self/semi supervised models. Work to generate synthetic data to complement real-life data.
- Define DataOps and MLOps pipelines in a model-based systems engineering method.
- Aggressively develop our infrastructure and pipelines for data and machine learning operations.
- Design and implement code and tools for speeding the process of developing AI/ML assets.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related
- 1+ years of experience in Python and C++ (internship, project experience counts)
- 6+ months of Courses/Projects in machine Learning methods and neural networks
Our preferred requirements:
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related
- 3+ years of experience designing and testing embedded systems for high performance, high reliability embedded computing applications
- 3+ years of experience in working with 3rd party or open source chipsets and software, including but not limited to 3rd party or open source SDK integration, utilization of hardware accelerators, extending demo code to facilitate product development
- 3+ years of experience with embedded board level designs and ability to develop/debug low level software
- Experience in imaging, image processing and/or computer vision to support active safety features
- Understanding of ISP algorithms, human vision system and image quality metrics
- Proficiency with open source vision, sensor fusion and machine learning frameworks (e.g. OpenVX, OpenCV, ROS, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Caffe2, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Proven ability to implement embedded software architectures, modular applications with Model/software
- 3+ years of experience as an Applications or development engineer for active safety systems (e.g. ACC, AEB, LKA, TJA, Collision Avoidance, etc.)
- Experience with developing and conducting laboratory and vehicle tests
- Experience with data collection and analysis of Active Safety sensor systems
- Proven ability to debug software bottlenecks to ensure efficient utilization of hardware resource
- Experience with agile development processes, tools and methods
- Experience in systems engineering modeling desired
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Job Number: 57782BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS AI/ML Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US