ADAS DevOps Engineer
Location: Sunrise, Florida US
Job Number: 8960
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking & User Experience methods, you'll work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We're seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting, and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies, and more!
Product Engineering and Management (PEM) is Global Data Insight and Analytics (GDIA)'s primary capability to enable advanced analytics technologies in the Big Data space that will lead to improved quality, design, marketing, and development of our current and future products. This includes creating a production connected vehicle analytics platform to provide insights to FordPass to drive value to customers and dealers.
What you will be able to doThe Ford Driver Assist Technology (DAT) team is seeking a DevOps Engineer to assist in developing a continuous integration, continuous development & continuous automated testing infrastructure on-prem/cloud to allow development and release of automation solutions and continuous automated testing! You will be a member of the Automation team that is responsible for deploying, maintaining and supporting CI/CD pipelines and tools (e.g. GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus, etc.). Your role will include but not limited to the following:
- Deploying continuous integration pipelines
- Deploying continuous automated testing pipelines
- Migrate CI/CD pipelines from on-prem data center into a cloud solution
- Monitor CI/CD builds and analyze trends to continuously improve performance and build times
- Ensure optimum performance for build infrastructure
- Optimize DAT builds, docker image creation process and tooling
- Develop and maintain confluence documentation for tools and write implementation plans
- Evaluate new tools and technologies
- Collaborate frequently with software developers, IT security, QA and development
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 1+ years of experience developing software in C, C++, Python or Java
- 3+ years of experience developing and maintaining CI/CD tools and environments in a large enterprise (e.g. Git, Build automation tools, Nexus, Docker, Ansible)
- 1+ year of experience deploying in Kubernetes and/or Docker environments
- 1+ years of experience with cloud based environments such as GCP or AWS
- 1+ year of experience writing scripts using Perl, Python, Groovy, or PowerShell
- 1+ year of experience configuring and deploying code quality tools such as SonarQube or Polyspace
Our preferred requirements:
- GCP or AWS certified
- 5+ years of experience in Linux (e.g. Red Hat Enterprise Linux/RHEL, Ubuntu, SLES, etc.), Unix and/or Windows operating systems
- 3+ years of experience building and supporting C and C++ applications
- 3+ years of experience with cloud infrastructure technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GCP etc.)
- 3+ years of experience on configuring and building containerized solutions (e.g. Docker)
- 1+ year of experience using and administering tools like GitHub, JIRA and Nexus
- 1+ year of experience with Makefile
- Strong understanding of merging and branching code using version control tools
- Experience writing yaml and json
- Familiarity with creating monitoring dashboards using Grafana or similar
- Excellent interpersonal skills both vertically and horizontally within the organization related to all aspects of technical leadership - written and verbal
What you'll receive in return:As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
Job Number: 56921BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS DevOps Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sunrise, Florida US