Driver Assist Technology Hardware-in-the-Loop Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 8695
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking & User Experience methods, you'll work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We're seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting, and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies, and more!
In the Ford Driver Assistance Technologies (DAT) program, the Virtual Verification and Validation team evaluates the functionality and performance of features like Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, and Active Park Assist via Hardware in the Loop (HIL) and Vehicle in the Loop (VIL). The team integrates models, hardware and software to build a virtual representation of the complete test vehicle, runs the virtual vehicle through thousands of scenarios, identifies issues in embedded software, and helps Ford deliver Insanely Great performance for DAT features.
What you'll be able to do:We are seeking a highly motivated, diligent, and detailed professional to provide vital expertise in support of our Driver Assist Technologies HIL / VIL development activities. This involves applying engineering principles and analytical techniques associated with delivering DAT features throughout the product development cycles. You will:
- Lead the integration of our embedded software modules into an overall vehicle HIL
- Lead the development of a HIL environment to enable the simulation of ADAS features
- Lead the support and development of new Fully Network Vehicle architectures and future DAT Platform architectures for HIL
- Be an authority in the development of HIL and VIL test cases for the verification of ADAS features
- Implement the HIL and VIL test cases to verify the operation of the ADAS features and evaluate the vehicle behavior and its impact on customer experience.
- Work with Ford vehicle test teams to establish HIL and VIL methods and procedures to reduce dependency on vehicle level testing
- Integrate current and future capabilities of models and hardware of ADAS sensors such as cameras, radars, and ultra sonics into a full vehicle HIL and VIL
- Lead and support the development of HIL strategy for development and validation of Driver Assist Features. Develop SIL, HIL and VIL coordinated solution for vehicle development.
- Develop requirements for customer acceptance and specifications for HIL systems to deliver robust verification of vehicle features.
Minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of experience performing simulations using MATLAB Simulink frameworks
- 2+ years of experience: developing active safety systems, DAT or ADAS features
- 2+ years of experience: installing, diagnosing, and operating vehicle remote sensing systems, including radar, camera, LIDAR or ultrasonic, and their integration into vehicle HIL
- 2+ years of experience: programming, configuring and diagnosing electronic modules Hardware and Software and integrating multiple modules electrical system and controls engineering
- 2+ years of experience: using vehicle CAN communication network tools, including Vector CANayzer, CANape, and Intrepid VSpy for data logging and analysis
Our preferred qualifications:
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of experience: programming HIL equipment (NI, dSPACE, or Concurrent).
- 2+ years of experience: creating and updating simulation models for HIL or NI systems
- 2+ years of experience: crafting and modifying HIL (NI or dSPACE) test systems for ADAS development and validation
- 2+ years of experience: developing Simulink IO models that run in the real-time HIL hardware
- Strong leadership skills, passion for quality, passion to improve customer satisfaction
- Good communications and project management skills
- Strong oral & written skills
- Ability to work both independently and take initiative when necessary
- Strong collaboration & interpersonal skills.
What you'll receive in return:As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
Job Number: 56004BR
Community / Marketing Title: Driver Assist Technology Hardware-in-the-Loop Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US