Location: Sunrise, Florida US
Job Number: 8672
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking and User Experience methods, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and sustainable ideas to life.We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies and more!
What you will be able to do
- Collaborate with Hardware Engineers, PCB Designers and the Mechanical Engineering Leads to engineer and design mechanical parts and assemblies for Vehicle Electronic Modules
- Design of Mechanical Parts to meet EMC, Vibration, Thermal and Water ingress requirements
- Document designs via 2D prints and engineering specifications
- Work with Vehicle Packaging Engineers to ensure Module Packaging Specifications are followed in vehicle mounting/placement of the Module
- Work with part and assembly manufacturers to insure manufacturability, quality and cost effectiveness
- Perform Mechanical and Thermal Testing on products under development
- Design Vehicle Mounting Brackets for various Electronic Modules
- Design of mounting fixtures for in-house validation testing of vehicle electronic modules
- Work with Thermal and Vibration CAE Engineers to optimize mechanical part/system design
- Comfortable with traveling domestically and internationally to work with suppliers of Mechanical Components
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in a product design environment
- 2+ years of experience using a 3D CAD Tool (e.g. CATIA)
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience designing mechanical components
- Experience with electronics cooling
- Ability to build 2D prints using GD&T
- Experience with Catia 3D Solid Modeling Software
- Experience with Team Center
- Proven teammate as well as self-motivated
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, internal and external teams
- High attention to detail
- Ability to modify/re-work parts with basic prototyping tools (e.g. end mill, band saw, drill press, etc.)
What you will receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/co rporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 55956BR
Community / Marketing Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sunrise, Florida US