D-Ford Interaction Designer
Location: Palo Alto, California US
Job Number: 8644
Our Interaction Designers create seamless product and service experiences for people in a constantly evolving mobility landscape. Grounded in a deep understanding of user needs, we explore, design, prototype, and launch services to create experiences that bind together physical products, digital services, and human interactions.
As a Interaction Designer you will...
- Participate throughout the entire design process-from inspiration and research to building prototypes and communicating a vision, bringing to life integrated digital-physical experiences through brand, people, space, products, and services.
- Work with a project team to conceive, design, develop, test, and launch new products and services, applying systems thinking to information and experience design that seamlessly engages people.
- Elicit user pain points and design opportunities during human-centered design research, grounding ideas and actionable concepts in user and business needs, design principles, and technical capabilities.
- Apply systems thinking to information and experience design that seamlessly engages people through touchpoints along a service journey for consumer and business applications.
- Collaborate on designing, running, and testing new solutions through experiments and prototypes at varying levels of fidelity-from scenario storytelling, wireframing, data visualization, click-through prototypes, animation, and motion design to functional prototypes and build-ready assets.
Minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of relevant proven experience
- 2+ Experience designing across multiple platforms
- 2+ Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers, Strategists and Product Managers throughout the design process
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects that demonstrates experiences crafting usable digital communicate with a wide range of interaction models.
Our preferred qualifications:
- Master's degree
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in design or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in working with human-computer interaction, service design, digital media, design, or equivalent.
- Ability to lead and conceptualize products from scratch and improve features, all with a user-centered design process.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they define UX solutions.
- Skills in communicating and influencing product design strategy!
- Hands-on experience of and passion for building mockups and prototypes, from digital to tangible proofs of concept.
- Experience with design thinking methodology in practice.
- Familiarity with the full digital product lifecycle, using product roadmaps, designing features, etc.
- Please include a link to your portfolio in your resume
Joining D-FordA bit about us
We're in the midst of the biggest change the automotive industry has ever seen.
Just as cars changed the world over the last century - creating the driver, highways, gas stations, and malls - self-driving cars, electric powertrains, and connected vehicles will radically reshape how we live, work, and play, our cities and society themselves, in the next hundred years.
At D-Ford, you'll be at the heart of creating that future. You'll be at the cutting edge of Ford's most strategically critical work, designing people and society's needs into the heart of our next generation of products, services, and experiences.
You'll also be designing at scale. Every day, Ford's vehicles and services support millions of people around the world. So, at D-Ford, we're not just inventing the future, we're operationalizing it, to help all those people move through their lives, better.
Our purposeWe drive human progress through empathy, creativity, and design.
Our valuesOur ways of working are our guiding light, and the conscience for our work, and our people. We're looking for people who share this way of being - you don't need to be convinced of it, you just get it:
- ZOOM OUT
- We are curious about the world, designing systems and connections that enable people to move more freely.
- AMPLIFY OTHERS' VOICES
- We are inspired by the people around us, bringing their unique stories to the forefront of our designs.
- PUSH THE EDGE
- We provoke new ways of thinking about tomorrow's toughest design challenges, while grounded in what's possible.
- GET SCRAPPY
- We build in the open, rigorously testing, iterating and evolving our ideas with others.
- BRIDGE THE GAP
- We radically collaborate across teams, geographies, and philosophies, uncovering new insights to tomorrow's problems.
- WILD CARD
- Our strength comes from bringing our whole selves to the community-from introspective to playful or quirky. What will you bring?
Bring your T
- We don't hire "Design Thinkers." We hire T-people. You:
- Have deep expertise in a craft
- Are comfortable working in relatively flat and dynamic teams
- Are passionate to work on ambiguous and complex future challenges
- Have a collaborative and empathetic mindset to solve problems with teams across Ford
We have five (6) global labs: Palo Alto, Detroit, London, Shanghai , Sao Paulo, and Melbourne.
You'll be part of a growing organization in the heart of Ford's Product Development Center to drive innovation from the inside out.
What you'll receive in return:As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 55116BR
Community / Marketing Title: D-Ford Interaction Designer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palo Alto, California US