D-Ford People Experience Specialist
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 8322
Our People Experience team at D-Ford looks at processes and logistics as an opportunity to design focused journey's that inspire and delight our D-Ford community. We facilitate positive processes and interactions to keep the global D-Ford community focused, creative, and in sync with its values. You'll play an essential role in leveraging data to define, develop, and nurture a culture that empowers diverse individuals to collaborate and create the impossible.
As a People Experience Specialist you will...
- Support the global D-Ford Team, ensuring the values of D-Ford are embodied throughout all physical and digital spaces within your territory by designing bespoke internal experiences at scale.
- Drive the organizational readiness for People Experience, in collaboration with Global Operations teams, and shift toward centralized ownership of People tools across the organization i.e. strategic planning support and management of recruiting status, hiring status, org charts, on-boarding/off-boarding.
- Develop, analyze, and scale measurable DE&I data points for People Experience, that ensure we're providing relevant experiences that embody D-Ford's values to inspire an inclusive community in which we're encouraged to be our authentic self. i.e. community building, inspirational events, guest speakers, employee appreciation events, and offsite/hybrid planning.
- Advocate for employee skill measurement and development.
- Build positive relationships with senior leaders and provide thought partnership on how People Experience can best deliver the business plan, through a DE&I lens.
- Design and implement core DE&I initiatives.
- Support products, policies, and services, including performance management and coaching, succession planning, talent acquisition, people leader coaching, strategic workforce planning, with a DE&I lens.
- Use data and analytics to advise a point of view and build measurable insights in support of strategic people priorities.
- Support change management efforts within specific teams.
- Use human-centered design thinking, empathy, & agile principles to identify gaps, address issues, inform decisions, implement changes, and build products and services that improve the employee experience.
- Collaborate with Ford HR to help integrate and scale best practices between D-Ford, EPLM, and Ford Motor Company.
- Guide and support DE&I projects for Global D-Ford
- Partner with People Experience Lead and Lab Coordinators to strategically plan and scale a drumbeat of events to keep D-Ford aware of key events and activities.
- Work with Detroit home base office and China
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of HR experience in any of the following areas: HR Business Partner experience, performance management, coaching, recruiting, change management, culture, employee experience, etc. or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Master's degree or MBA with a concentration in HR or a related field Experience working with design teams or in other fast-paced creative environments.
- An agile learner with creative problem-solving and system-thinking skills.
- Passionate about people and team culture!
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office, Smartsheets, Miro, Figma, and other technology and tools that support collaboration
- Attention to detail and knowledge of employee laws.
- Experience with organizational change initiatives.
- Intellectual curiosity and strong creative problem-solving abilities.
- Experience in synthesizing datasets and using data visualization tools to build a compelling story!
- An analytical creative who turns feedback into action - you know you need data to tell the story, but that data doesn't tell a story on its own.
A bit about us
We're in the midst of the biggest change the automotive industry has ever seen.
Just as cars changed the world over the last century - creating the driver, highways, gas stations, and malls - self-driving cars, electric powertrains, and connected vehicles will radically reshape how we live, work, and play, our cities and society themselves, in the next hundred years.
At D-Ford, you'll be at the heart of creating that future. You'll be at the cutting edge of Ford's most strategically critical work, designing people and society's needs into the heart of our next generation of products, services, and experiences.
You'll also be designing at scale. Every day, Ford's vehicles and services support millions of people around the world. So, at D-Ford, we're not just inventing the future, we're operationalizing it, to help all those people move through their lives, better.
Bring your T
- We don't hire "Design Thinkers." We hire T-people. You:
- Have deep expertise in a craft
- Are comfortable working in relatively flat and dynamic teams
- Are passionate to work on ambiguous and complex future challenges
- Have a collaborative and empathetic mindset to solve problems with teams across Ford
We have five (5) global labs: Palo Alto, Detroit, London, Shanghai and Melbourne.
You'll be part of a growing organization in the heart of Ford's Product Development Center to drive innovation from the inside out.
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
Job Number: 54715BR
Community / Marketing Title: D-Ford People Experience Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US