Core Systems Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 8250
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking & User Experience methods, you'll work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We're seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting, and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies, and more!
What you'll be able to do:
- Resolve complex cross sub-system (Powertrain, Chassis, Body Electronics, Electrical & Power Supply) electrical compatibility issues
- Lead the development of compatible electrical systems by solving electrical system/component compatibility issues in the Pre PS electrical system vehicle development
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 6+ months of experience in automotive systems electrical design (coursework/internship/co-op experience allowed)
- 6+ months of experience writing electrical requirements (coursework/internship/co-op experience allowed)
Our preferred qualifications:
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of experience writing electrical requirements
- 1+ years' experience Creating Core System engineering processes, tools, and methods.
- 1+ years' experience Developing processes for Electrical and Electronic Schematics. Mark up block diagram feature drawing for the Core system schematics team.
- Proven ability to participate effectively and lead cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Ability to work in non-structured environment where creativity and a start-up mentality is encouraged
What you will receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN Visa holders may be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/co rporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021- benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
Job Number: 54467BR
Community / Marketing Title: Core Systems Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US