D-Ford Project Activation
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 8214
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Our Purpose as Activators is to inspire action and energize collaboration that delivers captivating customer experiences.
As a Project Activator you will...
- Uncovering deep customer insights and developing new and compelling product or service opportunities.
- Drawing from the Now, Near and Far to push boundaries.
- Creative articulation and demonstration of opportunities and solutions, through storytelling, customer narratives, and experience development.
- Co-Develop and Publish Activation briefs and initiate other tools that encourage collaboration and creativity, and furthermost of ideas.
- Lead defining the Best Opportunities for a new product or service with marketing, planning and solution development teams
- Building teams and agreements that engage the right people as projects evolve, at all levels, (including project stakeholders, and implementation owners)
- Lead workshops and scrum teams to refine insights and develop opportunities into solutions.
- Be able to lead the team to a balance of Desirability, Viability and Feasibility.
- Be the voice of our business partners and D-Ford as organizations!
- Measure delivery (and call out as needed) as programs pass through milestones, and plan work.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 or more years of experience in product management or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years of experience working on multi-functional teams that include Design, Engineering, Product, Marketing, Planning
- Masters and/or multiple Bachelor's degrees
- At least 3 years of experience in hands-on Human-Centered Design, Design Thinking or related roles
- Seeking positive and enthusiastic applicants who are energized by deeply understanding our customers and are passionate about developing exciting and compelling experiences through human centered design and engineering disciplines.
- Effective and proven ability to lead small teams
- Excellent presentation skills, to large groups and senior leadership, comfortable leading up and down
- Curious about the world you live in particularly in technological, economic and societal topics
- Committed to continually learning and embracing new ways of working, tools, processes and technologies
- Applicants need to be comfortable working within in a flat organizational structure, be familiar with collaborative work practices, be a self starter and able to anticipate next steps and be comfortable lead projects and teams.
- Strong cross functional network within Ford, Engineering/Services and/or suppliers.
- Background in Planning, Product Development, Attribute engineering, Human Centered Design
- Knowledge of agile work practices.
- Comfortable working in an undefined product/solution/process space
A bit about us
We're in the midst of the biggest change the automotive industry has ever seen.
Just as cars changed the world over the last century - creating the driver, highways, gas stations, and malls - self-driving cars, electric powertrains, and connected vehicles will radically reshape how we live, work, and play, our cities and society themselves, in the next hundred years.
At D-Ford, you'll be at the heart of creating that future. You'll be at the cutting edge of Ford's most strategically critical work, designing people and society's needs into the heart of our next generation of products, services, and experiences.
You'll also be designing at scale. Every day, Ford's vehicles and services support millions of people around the world. So, at D-Ford, we're not just inventing the future, we're operationalizing it, to help all those people move through their lives, better.
We drive human progress through empathy, creativity, and design.
Our ways of working are our guiding light, and the conscience for our work, and our people. We're looking for people who share this way of being - you don't need to be convinced of it, you just get it:
- ZOOM OUT
- We are curious about the world, designing systems and connections that enable people to move more freely.
- AMPLIFY OTHERS' VOICES
- We are inspired by the people around us, bringing their unique stories to the forefront of our designs.
- PUSH THE EDGE
- We provoke new ways of thinking about tomorrow's toughest design challenges, while grounded in what's possible.
- GET SCRAPPY
- We build in the open, rigorously testing, iterating and evolving our ideas with others.
- BRIDGE THE GAP
- We radically collaborate across teams, geographies, and philosophies, uncovering new insights to tomorrow's problems.
- WILD CARD
- Our strength comes from bringing our whole selves to the community-from introspective to playful or quirky. What will you bring?
- We don't hire "Design Thinkers." We hire T-people. You:
- Have deep expertise in a craft
- Are comfortable working in relatively flat and dynamic teams
- Are passionate to work on ambiguous and complex future challenges
- Have a collaborative and empathetic mindset to solve problems with teams across Ford
We have five (5) global labs: Palo Alto, Detroit, London, Shanghai and Melbourne.
You'll be part of a growing organization in the heart of Ford's Product Development Center to drive innovation from the inside out.
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
Job Number: 54595BR
Community / Marketing Title: D-Ford Project Activation
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US