In-Vehicle Digital Design Manager
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 8105
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
In-vehicle digital experiences is the next unexplored frontier of innovation for user experience, mobility and A.I. to converge and shape the future of the foremost customer touchpoint for Ford.
As a Digital Design Manager, you will be responsible for leading the vision and executing on the production of the holistic digital experience for Ford and Lincoln global vehicle brands. You will work in collaboration with internal and external resources in the design, development and implementation of the next generation of driver-centric and infotainment experiences. You will gain exposure to our proven product development process and interact regularly with Senior Management. To succeed you must have a passion for creating exceptional interactive systems for global products and remarkable visual design expertise.
What you'll be able to do:
- Engage with a talented team of UX/UI Designers, 3D visualization artists, and Motion Graphic Designers who have a deep understanding and passion for product design
- Create strategies on now/near/far milestones tied to global strategic direction
- Deliver experiences for digital Centerstack, digital Instrument Cluster, HUD (heads-up-display), and any other pixels in a vehicle
- Exhibit passion for emerging technologies, new interaction models, product design, and perfection in visual design
- Prepare, build and operate digital and mobile experiences that support business objectives and provide optimal user experience
- Create and leverage automotive industry best practices with internal standards and expectations
- Work with cross-functional teams and manage relationships with internal and external business partners and technology service providers
- Oversee project budgets and timing plans
- Provide training to develop the knowledge base of other team members
- Lead the ongoing optimization of multiple digital experiences across platforms by assessing and leveraging analytics data, team feedback, third party expertise and competitive intelligence
- Create seamless experiences across multiple platforms
- Lead performance management efforts with business and technology partners to ensure optimal digital performance in support of business objectives
- Demonstrate adaptability and support continuous learning
**A portfolio is required. Portfolio submission must include explanations of candidate's contribution if include project work and must include examples of individual work. Please include a link to your portfolio in your resume. **
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of digital design experience
- 2+ years of Management/Supervisory experience (Art Director, Creative Director, Design Manager)
Our preferred requirements:
- Knowledge and application Human-Centered Design principles and approach
- Experience in agile UX design practices and rapid prototyping methods
- Excellent written, oral and visual communication skills
- Understanding and experience in design system creation and management
- Automotive experience preferred, not required
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-LL6-sal-plan-1.pdf
Job Number: 53654BR
Community / Marketing Title: In-Vehicle Digital Design Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US