Corporate Communications Manager
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 8084
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
With a career on the Ford Communications team, you can bring the message of our exciting innovations to the world! You'll help build and protect our global reputation as well as enhance stakeholders' affinity for Ford and our vision to become the world's most trusted mobility company. You'll be part of a dedicated organization delivering best-in-class, high-impact communications programs that support our innovations, industry leadership and commitment to social responsibility. If you're a creative, passionate communications professional, come join our agile organization as we continuously adapt to our fast-changing global environment through effective communications.
The Corporate Communications Manager, part of the Corporate and Public Policy Communications team, develops, manages and supports communications initiatives that influence the thinking and behavior of key audiences - to advance understanding and influence of, commitment to, confidence in and appreciation for Ford, especially its ambitious Ford+ plan for growth and value creation.
You must plan and act strategically, optimistically and ambitiously while working closely with colleagues to effect communicationson a range of topics, accountabilitiesincluding:
- Functional knowledge and implications of significant parts of Ford's business
- Cross-functional engagement and effectiveness
- Situation analysis and implications
- Purposefully creative storytelling
- Strategic media relations
- Stakeholder communications
- Crisis communications
Major responsibilities on behalf of the C&PPC team(across twopositions for which hires are being made) are expected to include:
- Understanding the corporate interplay with - and collaborating with and advising, Communications and/or business partners in - Environmental Quality, Cybersecurity, regional and companywide business platforms,and other functions
- Partnering with the director, C&PPC, to plan and carry out:
- A learning-and-development program to increase the team's capabilities and effectiveness
- Ford senior-leadership announcements, in conjunction with Human Resources
- Joining with the manager, Insights, to give shape to, interpret and report to the team about analytics of its strategic storytelling, including implied opportunities and necessary modifications
- Creating, sustaining and helping hold team members accountable for a C&PPC strategic storytelling calendar
- Developing and regularly placing stories that awareness of and appreciation for Ford's investment thesis and how the company is creating value for customers and other stakeholders, emphasizing initiatives and accomplishments in:
- Electric vehicles
- Commercial vehicles and services
- Connected Services, and
- Working with the manager, Social Media, to develop and the guide the team's utilization of a C&PPC social-media agenda
- Initiating, developing and trading on mutually beneficial relationships with journalists and, selectively, other thought leaders.
- Serving as a crisp, on-point spokesperson for the company
- Guiding and making efficient use of agency personnel, where appropriate
- Political and Business Acumen
- Drive for Results
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Learning on the Fly
- Dealing With Ambiguity
- Organizational Agility
- Executive Presence
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree
- Five or more years of experience in strategic communications as well as project-management skills
- Master's degree
- In-house and/or agency experience representing multidimensional public companies and/or government organizations
- Illustrated effectiveness working with, influencing and learning from people with diverse backgrounds, in different disciplines and at multiple organizational levels
- Familiarity influencing through social media
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/co rporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021- benefits-and-comp-LL6-sal-plan-1.pdf
Job Number: 54076BR
Community / Marketing Title: Corporate Communications Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US