Buyer, Electronic Components, Electrified Systems Purchasing
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 8063
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
As part of our Manufacturing team, you'll help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects from us. Within our plants around the world, we're constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. That means we're continually seeking diligent, determined performers who think creatively to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
What you'll be able to do:
This Central Buyer position will be responsible for the study and purchase of components/commodities for use on Ford's Hybrid and Battery Electric Vehicles. The position is located in Dearborn, Michigan and co-located with the EPE (Electrified Powertrain Engineering) Team at the Ford Engineering Lab (FEL) building (future location TBC). The candidate can expect to interact with supplier contacts from North America, Japan, Taiwan, China and potentially other countries. The candidate will also collaborate with internal Ford personnel in North America, Europe and China as well as CAF (Ford/Changan joint venture). In this critical role you will:
- Provide oversight of the commodities' area. Conduct a subcomponent study and buy for power conversion (DC/DC) and onboard charger) and inverter system controller (ISC) commodities. Additional expansion may eventually include eDrive commodities and corresponding studies/activities
- Coordinate day to day activity with the power conversion Central Buyers and ISC Central Buyers on subcomponent study and buy
- Lead process to source commodities on time and satisfy program targets
- Understand physical aspects of the parts, supplier costs, OCEs, and cost gaps to OCEs
- Drive data transparency from the supply base to support fact-based negotiations to deliver cost targets
- Focus on optimally negotiating to achieve Best Cost at Job 1. Some situations may also require additional dialogue around annual TVM reductions with the goal of eliminating cost gaps and meeting department objectives
- Issue SOBA's, CPA's, Purchase Orders and Tool Orders in WIPS, support capacity studies, etc.
- Hold suppliers accountable for all aspects of delivery (product, quotes, cost, etc).
- Communicate and establish positive relationships with EPE counterparts to understand their needs and needs of the programs.
- Work closely with EPE team to drive and continue to develop commodity sourcing strategies.
- Act as a leader and assist others within the group as needed.
- Travel internationally 10-25% as the need arises.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of experience working with OEM electronics or electrification suppliers
- 2+ years of experience working in supply chain in an automotive environment
Our preferred requirements
- Purchasing policy and process knowledge with experience using purchasing tools and related systems
- Ability to engage with a positive approach when faced with fast paced internal and external customer expectations and changing requirements
- Proven creative thinker/problem solver known for actively engaging multiple points of view
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Strong consultative skills with ability to build relationships
- Validated planning skills and ability to stay organized while running multiple components and corresponding programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledgeable of the market and cognizant of competitor product activity
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://clicktime.symantec.com/34jag92XUFJYHaNge9RMLCD7Vc?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcorporate.ford.com%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fcorporate%2Fus%2Fen-us%2Fdocuments%2Fcareers%2F2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
Job Number: 53834BR
Community / Marketing Title: Buyer, Electronic Components, Electrified Systems Purchasing
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US