2022 Autonomous Vehicles Software Engineer - Intern
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 7960
While others are taking a technology-first approach, Ford AV LLC is putting people first. We are building a self-driving business ecosystem that is purpose-designed from the outset. Ford's AV strategy is different because we are designing, testing and operating an ecosystem today that is fit for the purpose of our AV business model in the future.
Are you passionate about transportation-as-a-service (TaaS) served by Autonomous Vehicles? Are you motivate to apply your software skills to build the self-driving ecosystem? Our team has been tasked to develop scalable building block platforms based on mobility opportunities.
Our focus is on delivering software leveraging eXtreme Programming and cloud technologies. In this environment, the Software Engineer is expected to work in a pair developing working, tested code based on proven Lean/Agile methods. Engineers on the teamwork across the full stack of technologies to enable the highest priority work to be delivered.
What you'll be able to do:
- Engineer production-quality code to deploy these solutions on the Transportation-as-a-Service platform
- Enhance testing platforms, improve test automation, foster software craftsmanship
- Surprise and delight customers and partner software engineers
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of our solutions
- Collaborate with multi-skilled teams working on autonomous vehicles software solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1+ year of experience in with eXtreme Programming (XP) practices including Pair/Mob programming and Test-first/Test Driven Development (TDD).
Our preferred requirements:
- Deep understanding of Object-Oriented Design Principles
- Familiar with eXtreme Programming (XP) practices including Pair/Mob programming and Test-first/Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience with developing and deploying to cloud platforms, such as Google Cloud Platform, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Spring/SpringBoot and RESTFUL Web services development.
- Familiarity with GitHub or equivalent source control repositories.
- Highly effective in working with other technical specialists, Product Managers, UI/UX Designers and business partners.
- Capable in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools and pipelines such as Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Passion for learning and willingness to work in a pair programming environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative when solving unexpected problems.
- Understanding of fundamental data modeling
- Experience in development of microservices.
Experience with CA Agile Central (Rally), backlogs, iterations, user stories, or similar Agile Tools
What you'll receive in return:As part of this exciting program, you'll enjoy a high level of involvement with an exceptional team of industry innovators and visionaries. You'll contribute in a meaningful way to our important, breakthrough work. And you'll develop the skills that will give you a significant edge in your future career pursuits. If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit this link.
Job Number: 53787BR
Community / Marketing Title: 2022 Autonomous Vehicles Software Engineer - Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US