Social Media Marketing Manager
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 7944
Ford has been at the forefront of innovation and customer engagement for 118 years, and today continues to design, build, market, and service a full line of trucks, SUVs, passenger and electrified vehicles.
At Ford, we have a clear purpose, to help build a better world where every person is free to move and pursue their dreams. With that, we have laid out a bold mission through our Ford+ Plan, grounded in must have products and services and first-class customer experiences.
We are transforming the way consumers view and engage with Ford, maintaining the innovative spirit which we are known for and expanding from an automotive goods and services brand to a lifestyle brand, exciting and modern and on par with other leading brands. We are redefining the ways customers engage with us, and we with them. To help with that, we are seeking a Social Media Marketing Manager to lead the transformation on our social media platforms and help set the strategy for how we execute this transformation in social media.
A world-class collaborator and orchestrator, the Ford Social Media Marketing Manager is the hub of the wheel bringing together all efforts across Marketing, Communications, Service and PR; leveraging current and emerging social media platforms with a consistent voice that brings to life our brand purpose and serves our customers. This individual will lead our efforts to connect with culture in an authentic and genuine way, fitting of our brand and our aspirations, and engage people and communities along the way.
A strategic thinker, not afraid to challenge status quo and design a new way for our brand to embrace new audiences without losing sight of our existing fans and followers. The Ford Social Media Marketing Manager is a tactical thinker willing to test and learn and find new ways to engage expanded audiences across our social channels. This leader possesses the emotional intelligence to understand, the courage to challenge and the influence to persuade in order to drive the best results for our brand. This leader will establish and maintain governance across social media handles, manage brand voice and maintain discipline on quality of content posted across social media channels. They will hold the POV for social media handle change and develop the strategy to effectively migrate audiences to support that POV for all Ford handles in the U.S.
The Ford Social Media Marketing Manager is a key role that will bring to life our company purpose and customer experiences across Ford social media channels in the U.S. This individual will lead a dedicated agency team in developing engaging and breakthrough content to expand Ford's brand appeal across all audiences within culture. They will seek innovative and transformative means to engage and respond to consumers to drive advocacy and brand favorability and collaborate across cross functional teams to leverage social handles to meet company and organizational goals.
Social communications strategy and alignment
- Lead social platform strategy for Ford brand social handles, including maintaining platform playbooks and roadmaps.
- Hold the POV for expansion of social handles and growth into new platforms.
- Partner with cross functional teams, including Ford Marketing, Media, Media Communications (PR), Global Marketing, Ford Pro and Ford Service to deliver on key business objectives.
- Brief and approve agency efforts to create engaging social content that breaks through in culture.
- Lead efforts to develop social content that supports Ford focus audiences ensure alignment with overall brand and nameplate communications strategies.
- Oversee production and implementation of social media content.
- Lead a team of social publishers to deliver platform leading engagement and effectiveness and first-class customer response/experience.
- Set overall goals and metrics for social campaigns and use data to optimize performance during paid flights and inform future work.
- Collaborate with Media and Media Communications on an aligned paid/earned media strategy.
- Identify opportunities for innovation in emerging social channels and develop plans to test-and-learn, while maintaining owned platforms and channels.
- Work closely with Ford stakeholders and social listening to manage crisis, reporting and social advocate tracking.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or Business
- 7+ years of social media communications planning and execution experience
- 7+ years of experience directing and managing agency/supplier personnel (this position will lead an agency team of 10-15 individuals, including junior level)
- Must have a desire and passion to find new ways to engage and inspire Ford brand love with customers.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, etc.) and understanding of trends and emerging platforms in social media.
- Passion for delivering welcoming and rewarding customer experiences.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate information and ideas in written and verbal formats to colleagues and senior management.
- Ability to lead, plan, develop, and implement projects / programs that deliver on priorities and the courage to reject those that do not.
- Vision to establish measurements and success metrics where standards do not exist.
- Given the always-on nature of Social Media, attention is needed outside of normal working hours at times. Please discuss with candidates prior to submitting for consideration.
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/co rporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021- benefits-and-comp-LL5-sal-plan-1.pdf
Job Number: 53456BR
Community / Marketing Title: Social Media Marketing Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US