D-Ford Design Program Manager
Location: Allen Park, Michigan US
Job Number: 7801
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
As a Design Program Manager, you are extraordinary planner and a flexible project manager who can balance multiple projects in a creative design environment.
You provide program management and operational support throughout our team and across partner teams by increasing communication and connection points and streamlining processes. You'll work cross-functionally and collaborate with managers, designers and engineering teams to plan projects, define breakthroughs, assess risks, and help projects meet goals. You will also lead program-related communications to team members, executives and other stakeholders.
As a Design Program Manager you will...
- Collaborate with and support team leads in delivering the highest level of trust-building and strategic counsel through all project interactions
- Document and implement end-to-end repeatable processes that help the team plan, lead, and deliver on projects
- Identify team needs with regards to process, tools, documentation, and asset management, and educate leadership in order to bring changes to ensure team is working efficiently
- Act as a bridge across teams, connecting and facilitating clear communication, ensuring interdependencies are understood and planned for
- Communicate program status with team, stakeholders and senior management regularly
- Work with management and across teams to understand, coordinate, and prioritize initiatives
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide critical issue management, and articulate risks, trade-offs, and recommend prioritization based on a balance of business needs, constraints, and customer impact
- Guide programs through their life cycle, advising on goals, handling expectations, and providing a layer of communication between teams and stakeholders
- Support design teams to scope new product initiatives, identify priorities, and deliver key projects with multiple stakeholders and moving parts
- Facilitate meetings to drive progress against goals and objectives, establishing clear next steps and owners, and resolving blocks that impede progress
- Proactively assess risk and resolve issues before they become problems for the larger teams
- Measure impact of programs and initiatives both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Support the management team with effective team communication, proactive problem solving, and information distribution
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- 4+ years of successful Project Management experience in a creative environment
- 2+ years of experience leading and running large projects or programs through their full life-cycle in a global, cross-functional team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to present in a clear and concise manner to all levels within the enterprise
- Results oriented person with a proven track record of on-time project/program delivery for large, cross-functional projects with global stakeholders
- Experience participating to project playbooks, building schedules, handling issues/risks, establishing communication plans and stakeholder management
- Understanding of design and development processes with design systems
- Ability to translate complex ideas and express them in concise, clear ways
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting end goals with changing priorities
A bit about us
We're in the midst of the biggest change the automotive industry has ever seen.
Just as cars changed the world over the last century - creating the driver, highways, gas stations, and malls - self-driving cars, electric powertrains, and connected vehicles will radically reshape how we live, work, and play, our cities and society themselves, in the next hundred years.
At D-Ford, you'll be at the heart of creating that future! You'll be at the cutting edge of Ford's most strategically critical work, designing people and society's needs into the heart of our next generation of products, services and experiences!
You'll also be designing at scale. Every day, Ford's vehicles and services support millions of people around the world. So, at D-Ford, we're not just inventing the future, we're operationalizing it, to help all those people move through their lives, better.
We drive human progress through empathy, creativity, and design.
Our ways of working are our guiding light, and the conscience for our work, and our people. We're looking for people who share this way of being - you don't need to be convinced of it, you just get it:
- Zoom out
We are curious about the world, designing systems and connections that enable people to move more freely.
- Amplify other's voices
We are inspired by the people around us, bringing their unique stories to the forefront of our designs.
- Push the edge
We provoke new ways of thinking about tomorrow's toughest design challenges, while grounded in what's possible.
- Get scrappy
We build in the open, rigorously testing, iterating and evolving our ideas with others.
- BRIDGE THE GAP
We radically collaborate across teams, geographies, and philosophies, uncovering new insights to tomorrow's problems.
- WILD CARD
Our strength comes from bringing our whole selves to the community-from introspective to playful or quirky. What will you bring?
We don't hire "Design Thinkers." We hire T-people. You:
- Have deep expertise in a craft
- Are comfortable working in relatively flat and dynamic teams
- Are passionate to work on ambiguous and complex future challenges
- Have a collaborative and empathetic mindset to solve problems with teams across Ford
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here:
Job Number: 52901BR
Community / Marketing Title: D-Ford Design Program Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Allen Park, Michigan US