D-Ford Design Thinking Catalyst - Coach
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 7686
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
At D-Ford, you'll be at the heart of creating that future. You'll be at the cutting edge of Ford's most strategically critical work, crafting people and society's needs into the heart of our next generation of products, services and experiences. You'll also be designing at scale. Every day, Ford's vehicles and services support millions of people around the world. So, at D-Ford, we're not just inventing the future, we're operationalizing it, to help all those people move through their lives, better.
The coaching team sets strategy, creates infrastructure, and facilitates excellence in coaching support for teams exploring how to break through various process blockers as work progresses from D-Ford to programs and bringing a Human Centered Design lens to high-profile processes and projects across Ford.
These are experts dedicated to work beyond the Lab Projects, though they may interchange as needed; they are available for the enterprise-at-large to call upon for help navigating sticky issues and take an agnostic, unbiased approach. They operate in swift, agile sprints, with lean teams, typically engaging for up to 4-6 weeks including prep and reflection.
What you'll be able to do:
- Engage D-Ford and key areas of Ford: Develop relationships and build pipeline for high impact projects globally.
- Coaching Projects: Active support of high priority high impact projects globally
- Coach Support Tools, Methods and Norms: Create tools, resources, and methods that can easily be leveraged for diverse project requirements and engagements. (For example, onboarding, contracting and documenting project work)
- Coaching Development and Events: Designing of playbooks and other tools to support coach development and coaching activities; Organize, run and support forums to share experiences, ideas and development
- Work extremely closely with Design Strategy Directors and Activators to identify areas for support.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's of Fine Arts in Design, Bachelor's degree in New Media, Interaction Design, Service Design, or a closely related field of study.
- 3+ years of experience in Human-Centered Design and Design Thinking roles
Our preferred requirements:
- Master's of Fine Arts in Design, Master's degree in New Media, Interaction Design, Service Design, or a closely related field of study.
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on human-centered design craft(s), design thinking, and Coach roles
- Abilities to apply, leverage, or master Human Centered Design tools and techniques
- Empathic leadership
- Deep curiosity and optimism
- Exceptional written and visual communication skills
- Strong coaching and facilitation skills
- Strong storytelling ability
- Ability to quickly assess and scope projects that challenge teams to stretch in time-boxed situations
- Strong documentation skills, especially for the development of case studies and business value proof points
- May come with a specialized background for example Product Design or Business Design or other
- Strong relationship-building skills with an ability to gain trust and confidence
- Thrive in a creative, fast-paced environment with ambiguity and complexity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with other creative content creation tools like Adobe
- Passionate about the employee experience
We drive human progress through empathy, creativity, and design.
Our ways of working are our guiding light, and the conscience for our work, and our people. We're looking for people who share this way of being - you don't need to be convinced of it, you just get it:
- Zoom out
We are curious about the world, designing systems and connections that enable people to move more freely.
- Amplify other's voices
We are inspired by the people around us, bringing their unique stories to the forefront of our designs.
- Push the edge
We provoke new ways of thinking about tomorrow's toughest design challenges, while grounded in what's possible.
- Get scrappy
We build in the open, rigorously testing, iterating and evolving our ideas with others.
- BRIDGE THE GAP
We radically collaborate across teams, geographies, and philosophies, uncovering new insights to tomorrow's problems.
- WILD CARD
Our strength comes from bringing our whole selves to the community-from introspective to playful or quirky. What will you bring?
We don't hire "Design Thinkers." We hire T-people. You:
- Have deep expertise in a craft
- Are comfortable working in relatively flat and dynamic teams
- Are passionate to work on ambiguous and complex future challenges
- Have a collaborative and empathetic mindset to solve problems with teams across Ford
What you'll receive in return:As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here:
Job Number: 51779BR
Community / Marketing Title: D-Ford Design Thinking Catalyst - Coach
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US