In-Vehicle Cybersecurity Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 7618
The Connected and mobility cybersecurity team is looking for a Cybersecurity Engineer with expertise in securing embedded systems and features within the vehicle ecosystem. As a member of this diverse team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the brightest global domain professionals in vehicle quality and vehicle connectivity who are redefining the automobile industry.
We are seeking an Engineer to lead or assist in performing security assessments, threat modeling, vulnerability triage, and applying security primitives to secure our increasingly connected vehicle embedded systems. You will act as a Cybersecurity domain expert assisting the Product Development teams meet and stay in sync with Ford and regulatory cybersecurity process. We are seeking independent problem solvers with a technical approach who have a passion for learning and securing innovative technologies!
What you'll be able to do:
- Lead Threat Assessments and help teams identify appropriate mitigations to secure new designs
- Identify vulnerabilities, assess impacts and likelihood, and communicate appropriate countermeasures
- Develop and mature processes to ensure high level of cybersecurity assurance in Ford products and services
- Develop in-depth understanding of the Ford connected vehicles from cloud to embedded component
- Collaborate with Product Development and Connected Systems professionals to understand their requirements and overall business needs
- Collaborate internally and externally to identify new and novel data sources and explore their potential use in developing impactful business insight
- Work with suppliers and product teams to foster development of disturbed security work products
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in cybersecurity, software, automotive, hardware and/or embedded domains
- Programming skills in Python, Java or C++, or other languages
- Understanding of cybersecurity technologies
- Experience leading system engineering trade-offs and guiding project, technical and task leads
- Ability to communicate to executive level management
Our preferred requirements:
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field .
- Experience with CAN Development tools, including but not limited to: CANoe, Canalyzer, CANdelaStudio, DaVinci, PREEVision
- 1+ year of work experience in In-Vehicle Cybersecurity engineering
- 1+ year of work experience in vehicle networks (CAN, LIN, Automotive Ethernet)
- Experience with Embedded Vehicle systems such as AutoSAR, IVI, Android, Automotive networking, low level networking, system on a chip, and cyber security around these
- Embedded sensors, AI, ML, data fusion for autonomous vehicles and cyber security relevancy
- Network technologies and full stack cyber security concerns related to them (e.g. Bluetooth, wireless, cellular, UHF, UWB
- Proficient with version control systems such as Git, as well as agile software development and DevOps tools
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills and an ability to work in a collaborative team setting
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and innovative environment where problems are not always well-defined
- Experience advocating and driving adoption of industry standard methodologies
- Experience working with academia and industry partners is a plus
- Comfort with prototyping and disciplined software development processes
- Project management skills, including identifying and scheduling process steps, determining resources and staff required to successfully complete research projects
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN holders may be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
Job Number: 51207BR
Community / Marketing Title: In-Vehicle Cybersecurity Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US