2022 D-Ford Global Consumer Insights (GCI) Summer Internship
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 7610
Job Description & Qualifications
You'll be part of a fast-paced market research team, working cross-functionally (spanning d-ford, design, engineering, marketing, finance, purchasing and manufacturing teams) to inspire consumer-driven decision making into the product development process. During your time here, you'll build experience in:
- Collaboration with internal partners to set research objectives, while identifying appropriate research methodologies and gaining alignment with senior executives
- Leading research suppliers from project kick-off through project duration, and/or planning and executing creative research experiences for your team that generate actionable insights
- Ensuring consumer insights are integrated into decisions to create must-have products and services
- Making research findings relevant and impactful for design through a variety of formats such as insights, decks, stories, videos, experiences, and exhibits
- Delivering critical projects to ensure Ford remains customer-centered
GCI handles a large bandwidth of research projects, spanning from exploratory Design Research to Consumer Research to Product Research to Communication Research. We are an innovative global team that champions the voice of the consumer and leverages inspiration to discover hidden opportunities. Our diverse skillsets and backgrounds include Marketing, Business, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Design Researchers, and Data Scientists.
- You are a design thinker at heart; open-minded, curious, exploratory, iterative and optimistic.
- You will work across teams, doing what is necessary to steward excellent outcomes
- You are able to see both the big picture and the small details, navigating the ambiguity of designing for complex, difficult problems.
- You are confident and comfortable in interdisciplinary teams where harmonious collaboration is imperative.
- You think systemically, strategically and analytically to execute decisively.
- Expected completion of a Bachelor's degree (Business, Market Research, Experience Architecture, Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology, Cultural Studies or Design) by Summer 2023
- Authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis (F-1/H-1 visa holders not considered)
- Passionate about consumer insights and the automotive industry
- Expected completion of a Master's program (Business, Market Research, Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology, Cultural Studies or Design) by Summer 2023
- Working knowledge of human-centered design processes and practices
- Work and/or education experience applying research insights to products and services
- Strong interpersonal, teambuilding, and negotiating skills
- 3-5 years of work experience prior to completion of graduate school
- Strong business acumen and visual communication skillset (i.e. PowerPoint, Sharepoint, etc.)
Job Number: 52576BR
Community / Marketing Title: 2022 D-Ford Global Consumer Insights (GCI) Summer Internship
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US