Software Test Tools Engineer
Location: Sunrise, Florida US
Job Number: 7587
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams! With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
In the Ford Driver Assistance Technologies (DAT) program, Ford's Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, functional models, and software that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems. The DAT Test Automation Tools team supports all software development activities by providing the necessary tools to generate and test code.
What you'll be able to do
The individual in this role is responsible for automating test solution for the Driver Assist Technology (DAT) features. This involves capturing data logs, analyzing, and coming up with solutions to automate the data ingestion process to be used for testing DAT features
- Capture data such as vehicle, camera and sensor outputs and create solutions that will automate the analysis process
- Create automation scripts for data logging and visualization
- Design, develop and maintain custom tools to support feature testing and automation
- Work with the HIL team to provide support for automation and tooling
- Perform automated and manual test execution, results analysis, root cause analysis, and verifications
- Maintain and contribute to the team's solutions (automated test frameworks, test scripts, build systems, and related tools) to address issues, add or enhance functionality, etc.
- Bring forth fresh ideas for innovating existing solutions or creating new solutions to unsolved problems
- Contribute to team results through ownership in agile scrum development sprints
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 1+ year experience of coding or software development. (e.g. C,/C++, Python, Matlab)
- 1+ year experience performing automated software testing
Our preferred requirements:
- 3+ years of experience coding or scripting using C, C++, Python or Matlab
- 3+ year of experience testing/validating DAT feature
- 1+ Experience with CAN and XCP using Vector tool such as CANalyzer, CANoe, CAPL and CANape
- Experience working with Advanced-Driver-Systems and related sensing technology such as radar, camera, parking sensor and LiDAR
- Experience with automated testing environments and frameworks (ie: PyTest, unit testing, Slash)
- Experience with Test Case management systems (ie: TestRail), defect tracking systems (ie: JIRA), and source code versioning control systems (GitHub)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical with the ability to root-cause problems creatively and effectively.
What you'll receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Job Number: 52351BR
Community / Marketing Title: Software Test Tools Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sunrise, Florida US