Architecture Integration Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 7553
Architecture Integration Engineer
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
What you'll be able to do:
- Have direct input into the design and requirements of Ford's next evolution of electrical architecture
- Enable enhanced connected (or mobile) experiences, leveraging the latest in smart technologies
- Enable new customer experiences to be developed more quickly and at lower total costs
- Shape the vision of new tech and assisting in the refinement of concepts into feasible implementations
- Impact the future design of many electrical components and sub-systems.
- Lead the effort to achieve unprecedented traceability of an architecture requirements
- Provide project management and technical leadership for project development and roll-out
- Enhance professional growth and to collaborate across the future of many domains
- Collaborate across workstreams to better understand and communicate dependencies to other workstreams and stakeholders
- Identify module impacts to develop investment and resource estimate studies and support project modules and sourcing strategies
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years managing complex, cross disciplinary projects
- 2+ years understanding of CAN based tools and vehicular networking
- 2+ years of network diagnostics
- MS degree in Engineering
- Broad knowledge base across electrical domains, systems, and product development phases
- Strong analytical skills and toolset
- Outstanding organizational/delegation skills with proper follow-up to accomplish multiple objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse team
- Working knowledge of the Systems Engineering processes
- Familiar with Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Experience in the full product lifecycle for automotive electrical systems and electronic control units
- Experience with MS Office suite of standard tools, MS Project, Visio
- Experience with issue management and product development lifecycle (automotive preferred)
- Experience with Systems engineering toolsets; SysML (MagicDraw), PREEVision
- Experience with manufacturing plant processes, e.g. End-of-Line, component functional confirmation post build
We're in the midst of the biggest change the automotive industry has ever seen. Just as cars changed the world over the last century - creating the driver, highways, gas stations, and malls - self-driving cars, electric powertrains, and connected vehicles will radically reshape how we live, work, and play, our cities and society themselves, in the next hundred years.
At Ford, you'll be at the heart of creating that future. You'll be at the cutting edge of Ford's most strategically critical work, designing people and society's needs into the heart of our next generation of products, services and experiences.
You'll also be designing at scale. Every day, Ford's vehicles and services support millions of people around the world. So, at Ford Motor Company, we're not just inventing the future, we're operationalizing it, to help all those people move through their lives, better.
What you'll receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
Job Number: 51728BR
Community / Marketing Title: Architecture Integration Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US