Ford Pro Buyer - EV Fleet Depot Design and Installation Services
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 7404
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
As a key member of the Ford Purchasing team, you can add critical value to the entire organization. You'll help us source the highest quality parts and services from around the globe while ensuring optimal cost and on-time delivery. You'll also contribute to establishing a robust supply chain so that we can continually produce the vehicles our customers want. If you have the background to develop strong, mutually beneficial supplier relationships that will result in decreased costs, improved quality and enhanced sustainability, we want you to join us.
What you'll be able to do:
- Responsible for procurement of Electric Vehicle (EV) Fleet Depot Site Services, including EV Charging Conceptual Design, Site Infrastructure Design, Site Build, Charger Installation and Commissioning, and Maintenance Services for our fleet depot customers. This is an Indirect Purchasing position that services the Ford Pro business.
- Own interface across Ford organizations (Purchasing, Ford Pro, Ford Land, Cost Estimating, Product Development, Legal) to deliver results
- Operate in an undefined space - design and implement a business model / purchasing framework that is nimble and agile to support business needs (fast decision-making and approvals), while also capitalizing on Ford's points of leverage (scale, established processes, leverage with supplier base - quality standard, behavior, favorable terms)
- Understand and assess the total value equation for Ford Pro Charging - short term and long term - in decision making
- Apply creativity and innovative problem solving - in both strategy development and implementation phases
- Manage suppliers via KPI metrics - drive high customer satisfaction and continuous improvement
- Develop now and near strategies and contracts that deliver cost-effective, efficient, and sustainable solutions
- Negotiate end-to-end and modular depot solutions Master Service Agreements with a preferred service provider(s)
- Ensure Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are established to drive high customer satisfaction
- Develop nimble and efficient processes - such as establishing cost models with suppliers that drive speed of execution in addition to best cost
- Secure favorable Ford Pro Charging buy terms and ensure sell terms align to sufficiently protect the business (e.g. intellectual property, liability, warranty, bailment)
- Establish and implement best practices in support of the Ford Pro Charging business needs - drive consistency and continuous implementation of lessons learned
- Drive Purchasing discipline:
- Keep commodity strategy live in Commodity Strategy System
- Onboard new supplier including financial assessments, establish supplier codes, adherence to pay terms and Global Terms and Conditions
- Ensure Purchasing Policy and Procedures are followed - appropriate sign-off on contracts, risk assessments, deviations in accordance with Delegations of Authority
- Execute sourcing Approaches and Sourcing Recommendation approvals
- Utilize procurement benchmarking tools to support sourcing actions
- Ensure Purchase orders are issued on time to meet business need
- Lead Supplier Business Unit Review (BURs) to review performance metrics, overall health of key suppliers, harvest industry benchmarking, and strategic alignment
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of Purchasing experience
Our preferred requirements:
- Master's degree in Business Administration
- Contract development experience (understanding of service contracts, SOWs/SLAs, management by metrics, risk assessment)
- Construction, civil engineering experience internal or external is a plus
- eMobility and EV buying experience a plus
- Knowledge/experience in Aurora preferred
- Strong business acumen, team building, collaboration, and communication skills - demonstrated ability to successfully lead cross-functional teams
- Strategic mindset - curious, creative, versatile, and ability to see the bigger picture
- Ability to embrace a fast-paced environment that is evolving
- Strong analytical Skills - sourcing analysis, business case studies, cost analysis (understanding cost drivers and cost modeling)
- Negotiation Skills (developing leverage in both offensive and defensive situations)
What you'll receive in return:As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://clicktime.symantec.com/34jag92XUFJYHaNge9RMLCD7Vc?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcorporate.ford.com%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fcorporate%2Fus%2Fen-us%2Fdocuments%2Fcareers%2F2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
Job Number: 51700BR
Community / Marketing Title: Ford Pro Buyer - EV Fleet Depot Design and Installation Services
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US