DAT 3.x Application Core Services Software Development Supervisor
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 7384
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams! With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
In the Ford Driver Assistance Technologies (DAT) program, Ford's Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware and functional models that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems. The DAT Performance Processor team develops and delivers software for advanced features that make use of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence in support of features such as Blue Cruise, Pro Trailer Backup Assist, and Pro Trailer Hitch Assist.
What you'll be able to do:
We are seeking a diligent, detail-driven professional to provide vital expertise in support of our Driver Assist Technologies Embedded Software development activities. This involves applying engineering principles and analytical techniques in support of delivering application layer level software for the next generation of DAT ECU.
- Lead a team responsible for the software design and tuning of embedded application layer executables controlling DAT embedded Performance Processor feature algorithms
- Provide software subject matter expertise related to the ECU hardware architecture and dependent microcontrollers to ensure AI/ML algorithm availability
- Collaborate with R&A, DAT feature owners, algorithm and function owners, and software architects to design, develop, and deliver application core services functions
- Provide expertise and guidance to suppliers on architecture and design choices, ensuring that decisions consider proper application behavior as a collective DAT system
- Lead the collaboration with hardware and software teams (Ford and Supplier) in developing the embedded core services for the next generation DAT ECU
- Provide guidance to verification and tooling teams on methods to enhance core services debugging and testing
- Drive established Agile development methods within the core services scrum team. Lead the breakdown of specs into actionable Epics and Stories. Handle backlogs and active sprints.
- Drive the software development process within the core services team. Maintain a culture of creating software design documentation per established process. Approve documentation through formal reviews.
- Lead a culture of continuous improvement and proactive ownership. Drive productivity improvements and efficiency gaps to resolution.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience with software architecture or embedded software application development
- 5+ years of experience working on a consumer product at all phases of development (pre-production through launch)
- 5+ years developing Embedded Software in C/C++
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Strong understanding of embedded application layer architectures and software development
- 5+ years experience with the Linux and/or QNX operating systems
- 5+ years experience with Agile software development processes
- Familiarity with component level and system performance measurement methods
- Expert user of software development and productivity tools (e.g. GIT, JIRA, Confluence, Polarian, QNX Momentics)
- Team oriented, with demonstrated ability to work well in cross functional groups to deliver a highly technical product
- Demonstrated mentorship of engineers / developers / architects
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and transition a growth team to a highly productive, mature team
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Job Number: 51763BR
Community / Marketing Title: DAT 3.x Application Core Services Software Development Supervisor
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US