2022 GDI&A Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning Summer Intern
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 7359
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom of upward mobility as you strive to realize your professional dreams. We've got incredible plans for our future - and your future, too! We're working on some outstanding things, including autonomous and electric vehicles, data centers, micro services, and cloud computing. Get ready to play a meaningful role supporting our incredible advancements!
Specific responsibilities include:The Ford Global Data, Insight and Analytics team are trusted advisors enabling Ford to see our business, know our customers, and act in a meaningful way. We enable evidence-based decision making by providing timely, actionable, and forward-looking insights to our Ford business partners.
Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Scientists develop and deploy AI and ML technology in areas such as Autonomous Vehicles, Cybersecurity, customer interaction, product design, development manufacturing, quality, and marketing of connected vehicles.
Opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Leverage latest techniques in machine learning and 'big data' to model internal and external data sources
- Lead new initiatives in the areas of autonomous vehicles and sustainability
- Support connectivity and mobility solutions
- Juniors pursuing a Bachelor's with a concentration in a quantitative field such as Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Engineering or Physics
- A GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 Scale (or equivalent)
- PhD or Master's candidates with a concentration in a quantitative field such as Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Engineering or Physics and a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 Scale (or equivalent)
- Expected graduation date is no later than September 2023
- Demonstrated skills in large scale data manipulation, machine learning and mining / pattern recognition
- Critical thinking skills that demonstrate the ability to use existing and discoverable data to solve business problems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Familiarity with topics such as maximum likelihood estimation, linear and non-linear modeling, causal inference, density estimation, optimization, scheduling, time series forecasting, stochastic processes, survival analysis, data blending and data visualization, multivariate techniques such as PCA, factor analysis and cluster analysis.
- Ability to translate complex quantitative methods into easily understood results for all levels of business customers
- Ability to balance multiple projects within a given timeframe
- Experience with tools such as SQL, Spark, Hadoop, Python, Scala, R or LISP
- Experience with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence tools such as Advance Neural Network Architectures, Regression, Classification and Clustering
What you'll receive in return:As part of this exciting program, you'll enjoy a high level of involvement with an outstanding team of industry innovators and visionaries. You'll contribute in a meaningful way to our important, breakthrough work. And you'll develop the skills that will give you a significant edge in your future career pursuits. If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit this link.
Job Number: 51823BR
Community / Marketing Title: 2022 GDI&A Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning Summer Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US