2022 Service Engineering Operations (SEO) - Technical Support Analyst
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 7236
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. And as you start your career journey, we also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. We've got incredible plans for the future of mobility - and your future, too!
As part of Marketing Sales and Service, Service Engineering Operations (SEO) is responsible for delivering exciting products that are world-class in cost, quality, function and time to market. As ONE Ford team, we are committed to delighting our customers and team members by executing consistently while using common global standards, methods and processes with rigor and discipline.
SEO's goal is to lead in automotive design and Dealership service and repair. Our team is integrated with all new vehicle development teams to develop autonomous vehicle service solutions, technical service information and support, diagnostic service products, vehicle personalization accessories and mobility solutions for the future.
What you'll be able to do:
Technical Support Analysts work on specialized vehicle commodity teams using their critical thinking and problem-solving skills to provide technically accurate and professionally communicated recommendations to the Dealers to help get vehicles fixed right the first time. As part of Service Engineering Operations (SEO), the Technical Assistance Center (TAC) team assists Dealers in solving complex vehicle concerns, shares technical information and emerging concerns with the problem-solving teams in the company, such as engineering, and plays a key role in the development of future leaders in SEO. It is a unique opportunity to demonstrate your passion to learn and be part of automotive and mobility leadership, apply your automotive knowledge and skillsets in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and make a difference while developing your own technical and professional skills.
You will be provided educational opportunities to learn about, experience and engage in the diverse Ford culture, challenge your understanding of what it means to be truly customer-centric and expand your knowledge on professional skills. You will engage in and experience the wide array of training on technical concepts and specialized vehicle commodity skills, repair capability and service processes. The time spent upfront with our TAC Leadership & Development Team and talented Technical Assistance Center Team Members, helps ensure that the knowledge and expertise you have gained in your college classes combined with our comprehensive onboarding process, specialized training, unique experiences and consistent care and feedback will provide you with what you need to jump into the role and successfully assist our Dealers. If you are interested in helping us create life-long customers and Ford brand advocates, come join us in this journey!
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's Degree in automotive-related programs such as, but not limited to, Automotive Technology, Automotive Technology Management, Field Service Operations, Advanced Vehicle Systems, Automotive Engineering Technology, Automotive Service Technology and Automotive Industry Management
- Candidates must graduate and be available for work prior to December 2022
- Candidates must have GPA of 2.8 or above
- Excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence to build relationships with team members and customers while positively representing the Ford brand
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills that demonstrate the ability to use many resources to resolve complex technical and business-related concerns
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, diverse working environment that develops skilled and motivated people working together to deliver results
- Strong desire to be curious, learn, operate with empathy and never let a customer down
- Proficient computer skills and ability to navigate various resource systems
- Fluency in French or Spanish is a plus
- Must be willing to work in Southeast Michigan
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/co rporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021- benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
Job Number: 51423BR
Community / Marketing Title: 2022 Service Engineering Operations (SEO) - Technical Support Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US