2022 Core Purchasing Intern
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 7190
What we do at Ford:
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom of upward mobility as you strive to realize your professional dreams. We've got incredible plans for our future - and your future, too! We're working on some pretty amazing things, including autonomous and electric vehicles, data centers, micro services, and cloud computing. Get ready to play an important role supporting our incredible advancements!
What you'll be able to do:
Looking for a great answer to the question - what did you do this summer? This is it! Through our Summer Internship, you'll gain the experience, knowledge and skills to take your career to another level. Throughout this 10-12-week program, you'll enjoy hands-on involvement in some of the ground-breaking initiatives we've got going on.
Ford's Purchasing team works to ensure that parts and services sourced from around the globe are of the highest quality, at optimal cost and delivered on-time while mitigating risk. We aim to build strong relationships with the supply base so that Ford can produce vehicles that our customers want and value. Building and maintaining strong, mutually beneficial relationships with a diverse range of suppliers helps us lower costs, improve quality and make progress toward our sustainability goals. We recognize that a diverse supply base is an integral part of our overall success, providing fresh perspectives that lead to cutting-edge innovations and accelerated business development.
Summer interns are given challenging and exciting projects for the duration of their internship. Your projects will grow as fast as you can handle them, giving you an opportunity to make major contributions to our products and success. Our summer intern program lets you build a network of friends and contacts, have fun, prove yourself to us, and as an exceptional intern, you could receive an offer of full-time employment in our Ford College Graduate program.
Potential Internship Opportunities Could Include:
- Global Programs Purchasing, providing commodity and program management expertise for products, delivering quality, cost and timing targets at the component and systems level
- Vehicle Component Purchasing, responsible for all of Ford Motor Company's worldwide sourcing of goods required to build the vehicle, including electric parts
- Non-manufacturing Purchasing, responsible for all of Ford Motor Company's worldwide purchases of goods and services other than vehicle component parts
- Special Assignments such as Sustainability, Supplier Diversity, Supply Risk Management and Purchasing Business Strategy Office
What we are looking for (minimum qualifi cati ons):
- Pursuing or completed Bachelor's or Master's degree in Supply Chain Management/Materials/Logistics (or equivalent), Business Administration, Engineering, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Data Analytics/Science, or an applicable degree
- Graduation date between December 2022 and August 2023
- 3.0 GPA (4.0 Scale)
- 0-3 years of related work experience
- Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills to work effectively with diverse people and cross-functional teams
- Willingness to relocate to Southeast Michigan, with the potential for a virtual internship pending COVID-19 status
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
What you'll receive in return:
- Competitive financial compensation
- Opportunities to explore the manufacturing world of automotive
- Develop and refine skills
- Professional networking, shadow opportunities, and exposure to executive leadership
- Relocation & housing/accommodations if location-based internship, if located 50+ miles outside of Dearborn, MI
- Professional mentorship
- A diverse and inclusive culture putting people first
- Team building and networking events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-interns.pdf
Job Number: 51293BR
Community / Marketing Title: 2022 Core Purchasing Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US