STA Battery Strategy Manager - Ford Ion Park
Location: Romulus, Michigan US
Job Number: 6992
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Ford Ion Park is seeking highly motivated candidates for positions on a Battery Cell Process Development Team. In this manufacturing engineering role, selected candidates will work actively in a laboratory setting on a diverse, cross functional team to identify manufacturing technology solutions and develop advanced processes and equipment for the production of battery cells that meet the highest standards of quality and customer satisfaction in the New Energy Vehicles of tomorrow.
What you'll be able to do:
- Lead Supplier Technical Assistance (STA) point of view with technical experts on future battery manufacturing solutions
- Benchmark and develop external supplier Bill of Process to achieve optimal Increments of Capacity, Resources, Process Performance Improvements on future battery manufacturing solutions
- Leverage technical specialists, internal/external, to assess new technology risks and opportunities
- Develop implementation of battery electrode manufacturing quality control strategies
- Support PTME advanced manufacturing projects for battery cell / array manufacturing as Ion Park introduces many new patents/solutions
- Support transition from developmental to implementation readiness for launch of future battery manufacturing solutions
- Provide guidance to STA and suppliers for outsourced components / assemblies and related to battery manufacturing process and testing procedures.
- Provide technical assistance to plant battery process engineers as the need arises
- Handle new supplier processing methods to meet vehicle affordable cost
- Able to travel both domestically and internationally up to 50 %
- B.S.E. in Chemical / Electrical Engineering
- 3 years' or more years of experience in battery cell / array manufacturing
Our preferred requirements
- Solid understanding of Ford Purchasing and STA Process and Procedures
- Strong knowledge of Manufacturing processes and process control.
- Solid understanding of Quality tools/techniques and Lean Principles
- Proven leadership in executing and implementing advanced projects
- Demonstrated leadership in successful new product launch teams
- Demonstrated experience managing outside suppliers (product development/launch)
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to effectively connect with executive team
- Experience with any of the following preferred - High-Speed Automated Assembly Processes, Raw material processing, High Voltage commodities, Electrified Powertrain procurement
- Familiarity with MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here:
https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/cor porate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021- benefits-and-comp-LL6-sal-plan-1.pdf
Job Number: 50371BR
Community / Marketing Title: STA Battery Strategy Manager - Ford Ion Park
Location_formattedLocationLong: Romulus, Michigan US