Process Coach - Tool and Die
Location: Wayne, Michigan US
Job Number: 6730
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
As part of our Manufacturing team, you'll help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects from us. Within our plants around the world, we're constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. That means we're continually seeking diligent, determined performers who think outside the box to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
We build world-class vehicles in our plants around the world, constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. It's our people who really make the difference! We encourage all of our employees to think creatively to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
What you'll be able to do:
- Coach to hourly Safety, Quality and Productivity to ensure objectives are met through following standardized work
- Optimize throughput in accordance with budgets and cost objectives
- Communication and Recognition
- Meet FTT, inventory, cost, scrap, supply, and tooling expense targets
- Build Hourly skilled trades work force and production team Member capability
- Create a conducive work environment for the team(s) to complete their assigned responsibilities / tasks
- Basic administration of supervisory responsibilities and documents TWO, FIS, Maximo
- Supervise and coach Safety Operating System activities including overhead safety, lifting and rigging and Energy Control and Lockout procedures
- Leadhourly teamto evaluate Die Readiness requirements for maintaining and improving production yields, output, and up time
- Managepreventive maintenance schedules, inspections and repairs to minimize down time
- Utilize available resources to prioritize actions to meet maintenance requirements to minimize down time
- Understanding and expertise in draw die forming, maintenance of beads, trim steels and pierce operations
- Determine and correct root cause of related downtime issues
- Teach die maintenance troubleshooting techniques to improve mean time between failure and mean time to repair
- Managestart-up readiness for production
- Assign work to unionized hourly workforce and hold employees accountable for following processes pertaining to daily work assignments in terms safety, quality, and throughput
- Understand and help manage the maintenance end of the stamping business
- Be able to work any shift in a rotating shift environment
The minimum requirements we seek:
- HS Diploma or GED
- 2+ years' experience in manufacturingstamping tool and die
- 1+ year experience in Microsoft Office
- Die construction experience
- Die try-out experience
- Fundamental working knowledge of major automotive die forming
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Knowledge of constraint management principles
- Prior experience managing a unionized work force
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership behaviors
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong problem-solving and conflict management skills
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://clicktime.symantec.com/34jag92XUFJYHaNge9RMLCD7Vc?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcorporate.ford.com%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fcorporate%2Fus%2Fen-us%2Fdocuments%2Fcareers%2F2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
Job Number: 48877BR
Community / Marketing Title: Process Coach - Tool and Die
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wayne, Michigan US