Indirect Tax Technology Manager
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 6723
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
The Indirect Tax Technology Manager will play an integral role in handling the portfolio of indirect tax workstreams in support of Ford global purchasing and sales systems and processes. This position is focused primarily on the development of and operational support for end-to-end solutions concerning North American indirect taxes, including US sales and use tax, Canadian federal and provincial goods and services taxes and provincial sales taxes, and Mexican value-added taxes.
What you'll be able to do:
- Identify and document business, functional and technical requirements to support new business initiatives (e.g., SAP S/4HANA) and scope effects on existing transaction tax calculation processes and systems.
- Provide subject matter expertise to various skill teams (e.g., Finance, Purchasing) and business development project teams such as Ford Smart Mobility and Team Edison.
- Guide internal and external resources in support of existing business integrations (e.g., Ariba) to develop and achieve compliance with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Design, build, operate and maintain systematic, analytical, and reporting solutions in Vertex TPE and Vertex on Demand in support of North American indirect tax compliance needs.
- Provide input and participation in Agile development of user stories and test scripts in support of application and business development needs.
- Research, identify, and resolve tax system and reporting issues.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years' experience in a corporate tax or finance environment, public accounting firm, or technology consulting firm.
- 5+ years' experience with Indirect Tax andUS tax determination rules.
- 3+ years' experience with functional technology capabilities (e.g., functional analysis, XML interpretation, Alteryx and/or Tableau, etc.).
- 3+ years' experience with tax engine applications (e.g., Vertex, Avalara)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- High level of ethics, integrity, judgment, discretion and confidentiality
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detailed oriented
- Very comfortable working in a fast-paced and continually changing environment.
- Advanced knowledge of integrating systems and businesses capabilities within an enterprise.
- Advanced knowledge of handling a delivery portfolio of enterprise projects.
- Advanced knowledge of identifying and documenting business, functional, and technical requirements.
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/co rporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021- benefits-and-comp-LL6-sal-plan-1.pdf
Job Number: 48762BR
Community / Marketing Title: Indirect Tax Technology Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US