Senior Purchasing Manager - Battery Cell Raw Materials
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 6615
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
As a key member of our Purchasing organization, you'll play a critical part in crafting the future of electric vehicles. We're looking for insightful individuals with battery cell experience to help strategize and implement innovative solutions to support our electric vehicle lineup.
If you are looking for the chance to use sophisticated technology to redefine the transportation landscape, enhance the customer experience and improve people's lives, this is the opportunity for you. Join us and challenge your raw material expertise and analytical skills to help build vehicles that are as smart as you are.
What you'll be able to do:
- Provide the raw material supply base and cost structure vital to the delivery of Ford's Electrified Powertrain business plan
- Design, develop and execute sourcing strategies for battery cell raw materials across Ford's full electric vehicle lineup, in conjunction with Engineering teams and our Tier 1 partners
- Lead and develop the new Ford Electrified Vehicles Raw Materials group, working in conjunction with the Ford Battery Center of Excellence (Ion Park)
- Ensure Ford's raw materials are ethically sourced and in sufficient supply to deliver our BEV strategies
- Hold overall responsibility for sourcing and corresponding financials
- Drive engagement in direct and extended battery cell raw material partnerships with a goal of reducing cost and protecting supply via sub-tier management
- Lead and collaborate with broader Purchasing and Engineering partners to align on global raw material strategic objectives, cycle plan requirements, responsible sourcing guidelines and current and future model cost competitiveness
- Interact with Ford executive leadership as we craft Ford POV and contribute frequently on overall Electric Vehicle outlook/strategy/execution
- Create and build a sophisticated and global environment with a focus on driving scale down thru raw material providers
- Develop/grow internal and external expertise down to tier 4+ (mines, ex. Nickel) up thru tier 2 cathode processing
- Hire and cultivate raw material specialists within a relatively new space
- Create and drive an efficient Raw Materials buying model
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in the battery cell or raw materials industry
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- MBA or Master's degree in Engineering or related field of study
- Metals and mining expertise
- Material contract negotiation skills with strong financial understanding
- Proven analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills; able to clearly convey complex blends of business and technical matters to a range of audiences
- Ability to construct quality work plans and deliverables from minimal definitions and to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Creative in quickly developing approaches to problems and recommending actions to management, including implementation of suggested recommendations
- Self-starter and highly motivated with a history of making successful business decisions
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here:
Job Number: 48403BR
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Purchasing Manager - Battery Cell Raw Materials
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US