Global Material Cost - Data Scientist II
Location: Allen Park, Michigan US
Job Number: 6588
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking and User Experience methods, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and sustainable ideas to life.We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies and more!
What you will be able to do
Global Material Cost Seeks a Data Scientist. You will:
- Develop information-flow-enabled business processes
- Develop analytics tools
- Develop innovative information entry, storage and recall solutions
- Function as an internal consultant, developing concise problem statements, then proposing and crafting integrated and innovative solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience with information technology management
- 3+ years of experience working in a team based product development environment
- 1+ year of experience as a Data Scientist or Computer Scientist
- Master's Degree
- Web programming skills (e.g. Java, Angular, etc.)
- Experience and usage with software (e.g. Qlikview, Alteryx, etc.)
- Experience with SQL, Hadoop and/or Visual Studio
- Business Acumen, especially within Ford systems (e.g. FEDEBOM, Global Integrator, CRID, FACTON, etc.)
- Knowledge with statistics and 6-sigma/quality methods
What you will receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at time of hire.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/co rporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021- benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
Job Number: 48210BR
Community / Marketing Title: Global Material Cost - Data Scientist II
Location_formattedLocationLong: Allen Park, Michigan US