Engineering Specialist - Process
Location: Claycomo, Missouri US
Job Number: 6584
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
As part of our Manufacturing team, you'll help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects from us. Within our plants around the world, we're constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. That means we're continually seeking diligent, determined performers who think outside the box to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
We build world-class vehicles in our plants around the world, constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. It's our people who really make the difference! We encourage all of our employees to think creatively to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
What you'll be able to do:
- Support Manufacturing Process Engineering activity for Final Assembly
- Drive continuous improvement in safety, quality and productivity
- Apply engineering principles and analytical techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing processes and products
- Develop action plans as required to investigate and prioritize quality concerns and verify corrective actions on internal processes and supplier processes
- Lead and conduct process audits to ensure process discipline is consistent with Vehicle Operations guidelines
- Conduct job ergonomic evaluations and deliver corrective actions as required
- Analyze vehicle inventory root causes; engage in mapping and corrective actions to reduce vehicle inventory
- Create process and instruction sheets supporting quality methods and processes
- Deliver capable processes and tools for Trim and Chassis Assembly operations
- Lead role in resolving assembly related concerns. Lead variability reduction and lean manufacturing initiatives and standard methodologies
- Ensure compliance to Plant, Corporate, Governmental and Environmental standards
- Support ISO 14001 compliance and support internal ISO auditing and compliance as required
- Support continuous improvement in safety, quality and productivity in Chassis and/or Trim areas
- Identify throughput constraints and drive root cause improvements
The minimum requirements we seek:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6+ months of engineering specialist experience
Our preferred requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of Engineering Specialist experience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma experience
- 8D and 5Why corrective action and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Lean Tools - 5S, Kanban, Poka-yoke, and Value Stream Mapping
- DMAIC and DMADV (DFSS) Project Methodology experience
- Knowledge of TQM and Kaizen Methods
- Demonstrated FMEA, PPAP, and DOEs experience
- Familiarity with Visual Factory Management
- Ergonomic analysis knowledge and experience
What you'll receive in return:As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://clicktime.symantec.com/34jag92XUFJYHaNge9RMLCD7Vc?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcorporate.ford.com%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fcorporate%2Fus%2Fen-us%2Fdocuments%2Fcareers%2F2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
Job Number: 48444BR
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Specialist - Process
Location_formattedLocationLong: Claycomo, Missouri US