Connected Vehicles Applications Engineer - Enterprise Connectivity
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 6372
Job Description and Qualifications:
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Join a growing team and support the on-going rollout and expansion of the lifesaving Global Emergency Products and other connected vehicle applications globally. Product Applications Engineer in Emergency Services will support the development and launch of vehicle connected services features on several in-vehicle platforms and embedded modem technologies and markets.
What you'll be able to do:
· Development of new services requires you to effectively write, manage, maintain product use-cases, and test requirements, and software specifications.
· Can contribute to business plan, program management reviews and software test planning/execution.
· Responsibility for meeting vehicle programs milestones and deliverables.
· Manage working/collaborative relationships with the cross vehicle sub-systems and ECUs due to the distributed nature of the features.
· Ability to collaborate with many Teams throughout the company, other nationalities/countries, across time-zones.
· Travel includes support of feature testing, homologation testing, business meetings and public relation events on occasion.
The minimum requirements we seek:
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering
· 3+ years of engineering/software experience
· 3+ years of experience in launching in-vehicle features and/or products.
· 3+ years of experience with vehicle electrical architecture, components, software development & release and feature validation & verification.
Our preferred requirements:
· Looking for a creative tech savvy candidate, system engineering oriented, who is self-motivated, has leadership abilities and a desire to engineer new tech products and services for consumers.· Capability to take ownership and lead/deliver a project with minimal direction.
· Experience with wireless devices, telematics, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connectivity a plus.
· General wireless, telephony networking theory a plus.
· Ability to use CAN based vehicle engineering tools including Vector Canalyzer, DET etc is a plus.
· Current with the latest technology trends and may consider themselves an early adopter.
· General knowledge of safety systems, restraints, and their associated testing requirements a plus.
· Good public speaking and presentation skills
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
Job Number: 47310BR
Community / Marketing Title: Connected Vehicles Applications Engineer - Enterprise Connectivity
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US