Climate Control Electronics Core Mechanical Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 6119
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking and User Experience methods, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and sustainable ideas to life.We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies and more!
What you will be able to do
- Lead core climate electrical requirement development for climate control requirements to support global vehicle programs throughout the product lifecycle
- Maintain and update program requirements
- Development and support of Class A and B design of decorative/HMI climate control components
- Development/support of Functional Safety requirements
- Develop and maintain mechanical specification for all climate control modules
- Single point of contact for EESE core climate electrical validation
- Monitor and report progress of the test project execution, software maturity and management of hardware/software defect tracking and quality metrics
- Define test plans for climate modules
- Travel to manufacturing facilities with STA for PPAP
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering or similar field of study
- 2+ years of experience with automotive component design
What you will receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at time of hire.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/co rporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021- benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
Job Number: 46713BR
Community / Marketing Title: Climate Control Electronics Core Mechanical Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US